From: MamaSherry on
Downloaded Outlook 2007 on XP machine. When user sends emails, he gets an
email back from "System Administrator" - "Your message did not reach some or
all of the intended recipients.". it then lists all the people that did not
receive the email and under their email address it says "550 Administrative
Prohibition".
We send email via LAN using our router as our email server.

What do I need to do to correct this?

Thanks,
Sherry
From: Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] on
"MamaSherry" <MamaSherry(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Downloaded Outlook 2007 on XP machine. When user sends emails, he gets an
> email back from "System Administrator" - "Your message did not reach some
> or
> all of the intended recipients.". it then lists all the people that did
> not
> receive the email and under their email address it says "550
> Administrative
> Prohibition".
> We send email via LAN using our router as our email server.
>
> What do I need to do to correct this?

That's a message from the mail server you're using telling you it won't
accept the message. It's hard to give any better answer without more detail
from you. What type of account? What mail provider?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: MamaSherry on
It's an POP/SMTP email account. And I apoligize, but I'm not certain what you
mean when you ask what mail provider.

From: VanguardLH on
MamaSherry wrote:

> Downloaded Outlook 2007 on XP machine. When user sends emails, he gets an
> email back from "System Administrator" - "Your message did not reach some or
> all of the intended recipients.". it then lists all the people that did not
> receive the email and under their email address it says "550 Administrative
> Prohibition".
> We send email via LAN using our router as our email server.
>
> What do I need to do to correct this?
>
> Thanks,
> Sherry

Make sure the e-mail client is configured to authenticate to the SMTP
mail host. You can reuse the login credentials from the POP session or
specify them separately (there can be a timeout if receiving huge mails
which means the POP login is no longer available due to expiration and
why I recommend specifying the login credentials for the SMTP
authentication).

The user is not on the same domain as the mail host (i.e., the user is
off-domain). That means the mail host has no means to verify that the
user has permissions to use its resources. If using your own ISP's
e-mail service, you are authenticated because you are already
authenticated to use their network (although sometimes you still have to
authenticate to the SMTP mail host). Configure the e-mail account
defined in Outlook to authenticate to the SMTP mail host to prove to it
that you have permission to use it.
From: MamaSherry on
Thanks! Configuring the email to authenticate to the SMTP seems to have
corrected the problem.