From: Mark Andrews on
I have found a few occasions where the quick filters do not work properly if
the control name is not the same as the underlying
field name (particularly combo boxes). Otherwise I agree with Jeanette on
everything she says.

I use split forms and quick filters in everything.

If you just don't see the checkboxes (but still see the filtering options)
that could be due to the number of unique values and the general setting in
Access options. I agree with you that states should work for showing the
checkboxes even with default settings in access options.

Hope some of this helps,

--
Mark Andrews
RPT Software