From: RuthMor on
I'm formatting a bunch of charts and tables in excel for a client in Excel
2007.

I'm then pasting them into a PPT 2007 file, and then sending both to my
client.

Here's the problem: I need to link the files in such a way that the client
can seamlessly (without repasting) use both files.

And before you mention it, NO Excel cannot be embedded.

Any solutions?

THanks1
From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <D5D90D06-E99B-44AD-BFF5-2672ED391E1E(a)microsoft.com>, RuthMor
wrote:
> I'm formatting a bunch of charts and tables in excel for a client in Excel
> 2007.
>
> I'm then pasting them into a PPT 2007 file, and then sending both to my
> client.
>
> Here's the problem: I need to link the files in such a way that the client
> can seamlessly (without repasting) use both files.

At one time, it should have simply worked, so long as the PPT and XLS source
files were kept together in the same folder. That seems to be broken, at
least sometimes, now.

One possibility:

Before copy/paste-linking, put the PPT and the source Excel files together in
a single folder, one with a simple path (e.g. C:\PPTFiles\)

Then have the client create a folder of the same name/same location and put
your files into it ... all of the, together ... when they receive them.

PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/