From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Well, yes: "The expect version of the product" (i.e., English-language
version of Office 2007) is not installed on your computer.

Repost: Try this:

1. Download the Norton Removal Tool, saving it to your desktop:
ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/removal_tools/Norton_Removal_Tool.exe

2. Close any open applications (i.e., anything with an icon on the taskbar).

3. After making certain you have a copy of your Product Key handy, uninstall
N360, LiveUpdate and any Norton Add-ons via Add/Remove Programs.

4. IMPORTANT! => Enable the Windows Firewall immediately after rebooting.

browsing; reading email; chatting) until you've completed Step #7 below!

5. Double-click on the file you saved in Step #1 above to run the utility.
Don't TOUCH your keyboard until the run completes, then reboot.

6. Do a clean install of N360 2010 using your Product ID & reboot:
http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20080514162318EN

TIP: Do not enable or install any Norton Add-ons (e.g., Norton
Anti-Phishing) just yet.

7. Manually and repeatedly run (Norton) LiveUpdate until you get a "no more
updates" prompt.

8. Test.

From: M. Quintana on
I already done that last saturday... no luck. I will do it again (just to
recheck). Thanks for all your help. I will repost with the result.

From: M. Quintana on
I've been holding some important information regarding this problem. I don't
know its relevancy, but here it goes:

I Installed Office 2007 ultimate while I still had Office 2003 installed
(thus, the install was an upgrade). Maybe something in the registry (or
somewhere else) is not recognizing the installer, the product version,...
whatever. More ideas?

From: M. Quintana on
I followed PA Bear instructions to the letter; except last step (reinstalling
N360). I cleaned the Prefetch folder and ran the disk clean up utility and
reboot. With windows firewall enabled I deleted the Normal.dot file, and
found a ~Normal.dot from the Office 2003 version I had before. I decided to
delete some programs I have never used (like the photoshop starter whatever).
I ran a registry cleaner (ccClenaer and Uniblu registry repair) and reboot.
Upon reboot I decided to give Windows update a shot... result: Same error.
SoooOOooo... I ran the rename download file utitity... (solution for the
0x8024602 error) and inserted the Norton Bootable Recovery Tool cd and
reboot. Now I'm waiting for this utility to finish... more to come.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Thread history:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/browse_frm/thread/1a19535e05117b75

Since you started replying to yourself (without quoting the entire
preceeding discussion), I can't figure out what you've done or when you did
it. You're on your own now, but I'll leave you with a few parting comments:

=> You do NOT want that computer connected to the internet without a
fully-functional, fully-updated anti-virus application installed!

=> Your injudicious use of Uniblue applications may have caused this
problem! If you ever think your Registry needs to be cleaned, repaired,
boosted, tuned-up, cured, tweaked, or optimized (it doesn't), read
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=28099 and draw your own conclusions.

Good luck!