From: Gross, Michael on
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out whether it is possible to pin shortcuts to
the taskbar of multiple users.

As far as I understand the shortcuts on the Taskbar/Superbar are
placed here:

AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User
Pinned\TaskBar

However, when adding shortcuts to the folder they don't show up in
the user's Taskbar. Also, when removing a shortcut from the folder
the shortcut doesn't get deleted from the superbar but just cannot
be opened anymore.

Is there a way to provide users with icons in their taskbars in the
old XP/2003 "All Users" style, i.e. by just copying the shortcut
to the user's profile folder for the superbar? Or is this impossible
now?

I also can't find the superbar folder for "All Users" / in the Public
folder

Thanks

Michael
From: RCan on
Hi Michael,

that should help you here :

Group Policy Settings for Start Menu and Taskbar
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee617162(WS.10).aspx

Pin Items to the Start Menu or Windows 7 Taskbar via Script
http://blogs.technet.com/deploymentguys/archive/2009/04/08/pin-items-to-the-start-menu-or-windows-7-taskbar-via-script.aspx

Regards
Ramazan