From: Jay on
We have multiple Domains separated by firewalls. I would like to use a
single 2008 R2 RDS License Server to dole out "per device" CAL's to all of
our 2008 & 2003 Terminal Servers.

The SMB, RPC, NetBios (TCP & UDP,) and 100 dynamic (RPC) high ports have
been opened on the firewalls allowing communication to the single License
Server from the Domains.

The 2008 R2 License Server is installed in a 'WORKGROUP' and has no AD
Domain affiliation.

By way of GPO's in each Domain, the License Server discovery is overriden
with the direct IP of the Lic Server.

What I'm seeing is that (device) CALs are being issued to all of the 2003
Terminal Servers -BUT- not a single CAL is issued to a 2008 or 2008 R2 RDS
Server?

Can anyone help me figure this out....Everything "looks" correct and CALs
-are- being issued to 2003 servers......Why wouldn't it work for 2008??

Thanks VERY much, in advance, for your thoughts.
Jay ;-)