From: Alfred Molon on
http://www.paris-26-gigapixels.com/index-en.html

I just wonder why they didn't use one of those 60MP Hasselblads - would
have reduced shooting time to 1/3. Perhaps lack of a 600mm lens?

By the way, the AF of one of the Canon DSLRs failed, forcing the
photographer to continue with just one camera. Are Canon DSLRs so
unreliable?
--

Alfred Molon
On 2010-03-13 10:21:53 -0800, Alfred Molon <alfred_molon(a)yahoo.com> said:

> http://www.paris-26-gigapixels.com/index-en.html
>
> I just wonder why they didn't use one of those 60MP Hasselblads - would
> have reduced shooting time to 1/3. Perhaps lack of a 600mm lens?

Why?
It looks as though this is another Gigapan;
http://www.gigapan.org/

All that takes is $449 and the camera - lens - tripod combination of
your choice.
http://www.gigapansystems.com/

> By the way, the AF of one of the Canon DSLRs failed, forcing the
> photographer to continue with just one camera. Are Canon DSLRs so
> unreliable?

Who knows?

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: NameHere on
On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 19:21:53 +0100, Alfred Molon <alfred_molon(a)yahoo.com>
wrote:

>http://www.paris-26-gigapixels.com/index-en.html
>
>I just wonder why they didn't use one of those 60MP Hasselblads - would
>have reduced shooting time to 1/3. Perhaps lack of a 600mm lens?
>
>By the way, the AF of one of the Canon DSLRs failed, forcing the
>photographer to continue with just one camera. Are Canon DSLRs so
>unreliable?

All DSLRs are so unreliable. Depending on antiquated mechanical mirror
flapping and focal-plane shutter contraptions will do that.

From: "Tony Roberts" TR on
"Alfred Molon" <alfred_molon(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> http://www.paris-26-gigapixels.com/index-en.html
>
> I just wonder why they didn't use one of those 60MP Hasselblads - would
> have reduced shooting time to 1/3. Perhaps lack of a 600mm lens?
> --
>
> Alfred Molon

What's the pixel count of Google maps?

From: ransley on
On Mar 13, 12:08 pm, Alfred Molon <alfred_mo...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> http://www.paris-26-gigapixels.com/index-en.html
>
> I just wonder why they didn't use one of those 60MP Hasselblads - would
> have reduced shooting time to 1/3. Perhaps lack of a 600mm lens?
> --
>
> Alfred Molon

Few have the money to burn that you have.