From: steveu on
>Mikolaj <sterowanie_komputerowe(a)poczta.onet.pl> wrote:

>>> 2D capon method. Does that involve a hit in a 2D restaurant somewhere?
>
>>:)
>
>"D" is ancient for "shilling". A "2D capon" would have been
>quite an expensive capon in its day... maybe during a meat
>shortage, or war rationing you could get that much.
>
>A 2D capon, to justify its price, would have been LARGE
>but not tender.... that size bird is 10 years old!

Actually, D was ancient for penny. However, since the Romans are said to
have originated the capon, 2 pence would have been darned expensive for a
capon at one time.

Steve

From: nargess on
Thanks Rune for the comments.
From: Greg Heath on
On Apr 8, 2:34 pm, "nargess" <nargessm(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.terpalum.umd.edu>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am interested in implementing the 2D capon method, similar to what has
> been done for the 1D case here:http://www.dsprelated.com/showmessage/78531/1.php
>
> Any suggestions as what is the best way to modify the above code to make it
> work for 2d signals?

The above link references

http://www.sal.ufl.edu/eel6537/2006/ch4.pdf

which contains material on 2D.

Hope this helps.

Greg

From: Clay on
On Apr 8, 3:15 pm, HardySpicer <gyansor...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 9, 6:34 am, "nargess" <nargessm(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.terpalum.umd.edu>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> > I am interested in implementing the 2D capon method, similar to what has
>
> 2D capon method. Does that involve a hit in a 2D restaurant somewhere?
>
> Hardy

The 2D capons that I know are result from when they get run over on
the highway;-)

Clay
From: nargess on
Thanks Greg, it is helpful. Do I understand it correctly that each data
point in the two dimensional matrix 'x' is associated with two frequency
values w1,w2 as opposed to just a two dimensional frequency matrix that
would have a one to one mapping to each point in 'x'?

thanks,
n.