From: nargess on
Hi,

I am interested in implementing the 2D capon method, similar to what has
been done for the 1D case here:
http://www.dsprelated.com/showmessage/78531/1.php

Any suggestions as what is the best way to modify the above code to make it
work for 2d signals?

I am looking at the following paper, and am interested in applying capon
similarly:
http://www.emo.org.tr/ekler/23d0a5671efd29e_ek.pdf
However, their code seems different from what was posted here on
DSPRelated.

I appreciate your help and comments,
Nargess

From: HardySpicer on
On Apr 9, 6:34 am, "nargess" <nargessm(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.terpalum.umd.edu>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am interested in implementing the 2D capon method, similar to what has

2D capon method. Does that involve a hit in a 2D restaurant somewhere?

Hardy

From: Mikolaj on
On 08-04-2010 at 22:15:04 HardySpicer <gyansorova(a)gmail.com> wrote:

(...)
>> I am interested in implementing the 2D capon method, similar to what has
>
> 2D capon method. Does that involve a hit in a 2D restaurant somewhere?
>

> Hardy

:)

--
Mikolaj
From: Rune Allnor on
On 8 apr, 20:34, "nargess" <nargessm(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.terpalum.umd.edu>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am interested in implementing the 2D capon method, similar to what has
> been done for the 1D case here:http://www.dsprelated.com/showmessage/78531/1.php
>
> Any suggestions as what is the best way to modify the above code to make it
> work for 2d signals?
>
> I am looking at the following paper, and am interested in applying capon
> similarly:http://www.emo.org.tr/ekler/23d0a5671efd29e_ek.pdf
> However, their code seems different from what was posted here on
> DSPRelated.

You shouldn't look at the code, but rather at the expressions.
The key is to realize how the 1D Capon works, and how to generalize
that methodology to 2D.

The 2nd equation 20 of the last paper seems to be a reasonable 2D
generalization of the first equation 20, which is the 1D version of
Capon's method. (But do work trough the arithmetics to see if the
result is correct. The inconsistent equation numbering is a hint
that the authors of the paper might not pay as acute attention to
details as one might have whished for.)

Apart from that, doce similarity means nothing. There are several
possible algorithms for each step, and several possible implemenations
of each algorithm, not to mention that coding style an attentiuon to
detail is a highly personal trait.

Don't expect to find very advanced, working code in usenet fora.

Rune
From: Steve Pope on
Mikolaj <sterowanie_komputerowe(a)poczta.onet.pl> wrote:

>On 08-04-2010 at 22:15:04 HardySpicer <gyansorova(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I am interested in implementing the 2D capon method, similar to what has

>> 2D capon method. Does that involve a hit in a 2D restaurant somewhere?

>:)

"D" is ancient for "shilling". A "2D capon" would have been
quite an expensive capon in its day... maybe during a meat
shortage, or war rationing you could get that much.

A 2D capon, to justify its price, would have been LARGE
but not tender.... that size bird is 10 years old!

Cheers

Steve