From: JL on
I'm using a 3 SIM in a 3 dongle. When I visit My 3 I can choose Internet
Monthly for �5, or 1GB mobile BB for �10.

What is the difference (other that one is meant for phone and the other a
dongle). What is the cap on the �5 internet monthly?

--
JL

From: Roger Mills on
On 01/08/2010 19:46, JL wrote:
> I'm using a 3 SIM in a 3 dongle. When I visit My 3 I can choose
> Internet Monthly for �5, or 1GB mobile BB for �10.
>
> What is the difference (other that one is meant for phone and the other
> a dongle). What is the cap on the �5 internet monthly?

If I remember correctly, the �5 monthly is subject to "fair usage" -
which I think is capped at 2GB. So it actually represents four times
better value for money for a more or less equivalent - albeit equally
dire - service.

It only works with a PAYG SIM (which works fine in a dongle) but if you
use the SIM which came with the dongle, you only get offered the �10 option.
--
Cheers,
Roger
From: Peter on
On 01 Aug 2010 20:46, Roger Mills <watt.tyler(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>So it actually represents four times better value for money for a more or
>less equivalent - albeit equally dire - service.

I guess "dire" depends on any congestion in your area, etc. Have been using
a USB dongle for nearly 2 years, now get 15 GB for 7.50 a month (previously
getting 5 GB for the same cash). I always used 99% of allowance and still
do (Three is more reliable than my BT line at present). Peter.
From: JL on
Thanks. I got the �5 bundle and so far its working great.

speedtest.net gives me a download speed of 2.12Mb/s and upload as 0.52 which
I think is pretty good.

--
JL