From: The Natural Philosopher on
Steve wrote:
> In article <i3b9d9$nog$3(a)news.albasani.net>, tnp(a)invalid.invalid says...
>> CJB wrote:
>>> http://www.lovemoney.com/news/get-the-best-deal/broadband/5-reasons-why-you-should-choose-mobile-broadband--video-script-5026.aspx
>>>
>>> And see the comments re: increased radiation risks.
>> seems to me the reasons given there are precisely why I dont want it.
>>
>> - no coverage anywhere I can use it
>
> I have to use it and coverage is no guarantee of a reliable service. I
> get a five bar HSPDA signal here from two separate providers (a third
> lied about their coverage).

<..>
During busy times it can become unusably
> slow or just stop working altogether with no hint of an error message
> just no data transfer.

That's as GOOD as it got for me.

Mostly not a bloody sausage,. Not even voice.

From: Steve Terry on
"Steven Forrester" <9787879(a)765475547.87> wrote in message
> "Steve Terry" <gfourwwk(a)tesco.net> wrote in message
>>
>> At the moment Superdrug have the INQ1 slide version for �29.99
>> Same spec as the S2, except with a better emailer app.
>
> Just called three superdrug stores only to be told they DONT sell mobile
> phones.

Try visiting some of the larger ones.
I was in a North London one yesterday and they had a display offering
ZTE102 for �19.99 (no HSDPA), INQ mini and INQ1 for �29.99.

Nothing new, most larger Superdrug have had those displays offering
Three or sometimes T Mobile phones for at least the last 5 years.

Another shop that may have them on similar displays is "Savers"
http://www.savers.co.uk/

Steve Terry
--
Welcome Sign-up Bonus of �1 when you signup free at:
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/G4WWK

From: Steve Terry on
"Peter Rogers" <privateemail(a)no-spam.net> wrote in message
> "Steve Terry" <gfourwwk(a)tesco.net> wrote in message
>> "CJB" <chrisjbrady(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> >
> Steve, I have an S2 here that wont boot up, ie when you switch it on it
> shows the 3 logo, then at the point where it should show the desktop, it
> goes off and starts again with the 3 logo. Basically it goes around in
> circles. Ive googled this and found no fixes. The only way to stop it is
> to remove the battery. Do you have any ideas?
> Thanks

Have you tried another battery?
Some of them are of very poor quality and wont hold a charge,
or at least not enough to do more than just switch the phone on and then die

If its not that, then if less than a year old take it back to the dealer
you got it from and get a replacement or repair under guarantee.

Steve Terry

From: Fredxx on

"Andy Pandy" <spam8times(a)wonderful.spam.invalid> wrote in message

> "Fredxx" <fredxx(a)spam.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Costs a packet?
>>> Not at all, for most users 10 or 15 pounds a month will give them enough
>>> data allowance to last the month easily, and there are other cheaper
>>> options
>>> than that as well. (Unless you are an heavy downloader).
>>>

>> Some mobile contracts have a free internet connection as well as free
>> minutes and texts, 3GB bolt on can be as cheap as �5.
>
> Cheap? I get 40GB for �7 on my landline. And we probably use most of it...
>
> Even if you include the landline line rental it's about �18, with far more
> inclusive minutes than on most mobile contracts.

Far more? Unlimited BT claim to have a 600 minute fair use policy. I also
can't send texts. Where for �15 inc VAT its possible to have 300 minutes,
300 texts and 3GB of data. No landline can beat that.

From: Andy Pandy on

> "Andy Pandy" <spam8times(a)wonderful.spam.invalid> wrote in message
>>
>> "Fredxx" <fredxx(a)spam.com> wrote in message

>>> Some mobile contracts have a free internet connection as well as
>>> free minutes and texts, 3GB bolt on can be as cheap as �5.
>>
>> Cheap? I get 40GB for �7 on my landline. And we probably use most
>> of it...
>>
>> Even if you include the landline line rental it's about �18, with
>> far more inclusive minutes than on most mobile contracts.
>>

> Far more? Unlimited BT claim to have a 600 minute fair use policy.

Where do you get that from? I can't see how they can get away with
claiming "unlimited" calls if they restrict it to such a ridiculously
low limit. I use TalkTalk and we use more than 600 mins practically
every month. Sometimes well over 1000. Never had any problems. Mind
you I wouldn't put anything past BT.

> I also can't send texts.

I send about 10 texts a month so I'm really not interested in landline
texts, though it is possible and I think TT do a package. I use my
company mobile at (IIRC) 3p per text. Or use email as a lot of people
seem to have email on their mobiles these days.

> Where for �15 inc VAT its possible to have 300 minutes, 300 texts
> and 3GB of data. No landline can beat that.

I prefer having 40GB data, 6Mb/s download speeds and unlimited minutes
to landlines for about �18. What would that cost on a mobile?

--
Andy