From: Fredxx on
Andy Pandy wrote:
> "Fredxx" <fredxx(a)spam.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Andy Pandy" <spam8times(a)wonderful.spam.invalid> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Fredxx" <fredxx(a)spam.com> wrote in message

>>> Cheap? I get 40GB for �7 on my landline. And we probably use most
>>> of it...
>>>
>>> Even if you include the landline line rental it's about �18, with
>>> far more inclusive minutes than on most mobile contracts.
>>>

>> Far more? Unlimited BT claim to have a 600 minute fair use policy.
>
> Where do you get that from? I can't see how they can get away with
> claiming "unlimited" calls if they restrict it to such a ridiculously
> low limit. I use TalkTalk and we use more than 600 mins practically
> every month. Sometimes well over 1000. Never had any problems. Mind
> you I wouldn't put anything past BT.
>
>> I also can't send texts.
>
> I send about 10 texts a month so I'm really not interested in landline
> texts, though it is possible and I think TT do a package. I use my
> company mobile at (IIRC) 3p per text. Or use email as a lot of people
> seem to have email on their mobiles these days.
>
>> Where for �15 inc VAT its possible to have 300 minutes, 300 texts
>> and 3GB of data. No landline can beat that.
>
> I prefer having 40GB data, 6Mb/s download speeds and unlimited minutes
> to landlines for about �18. What would that cost on a mobile?

You have that preference. I was making the point that you can get calls,
texts and internet substantially less using mobile. If you're a heavy user
then of course there are enough landline providers.

From: Andy Pandy on

>>> Where for �15 inc VAT its possible to have 300 minutes, 300 texts
>>> and 3GB of data. No landline can beat that.
>>
>> I prefer having 40GB data, 6Mb/s download speeds and unlimited
>> minutes
>> to landlines for about �18. What would that cost on a mobile?
>
> You have that preference. I was making the point that you can get
> calls, texts and internet substantially less using mobile. If
> you're a heavy user then of course there are enough landline
> providers.

I wouldn't call �15 instead of �18 "substantially less"! Especially
since the landline option gets you over 10 times the data, speed and
minutes.

--
Andy

From: Fredxx on
Andy Pandy wrote:
> "Fredxx" <fredxx(a)spam.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> I prefer having 40GB data, 6Mb/s download speeds and unlimited
>>> minutes
>>> to landlines for about �18. What would that cost on a mobile?
>>
>> You have that preference. I was making the point that you can get
>> calls, texts and internet substantially less using mobile. If
>> you're a heavy user then of course there are enough landline
>> providers.
>
> I wouldn't call �15 instead of �18 "substantially less"! Especially
> since the landline option gets you over 10 times the data, speed and
> minutes.

Where do you get your unlimited phone calls and your broadband from?

From: Andy Pandy on

> Andy Pandy wrote:
>> "Fredxx" <fredxx(a)spam.com> wrote in message

>>> You have that preference. I was making the point that you can get
>>> calls, texts and internet substantially less using mobile. If
>>> you're a heavy user then of course there are enough landline
>>> providers.
>>
>> I wouldn't call �15 instead of �18 "substantially less"! Especially
>> since the landline option gets you over 10 times the data, speed
>> and
>> minutes.
>
> Where do you get your unlimited phone calls and your broadband from?

TalkTalk. PlusNet do a similar tariff.

--
Andy

From: Fredxx on
Andy Pandy wrote:
> "Fredxx" <fredxx(a)spam.com> wrote in message
>> Andy Pandy wrote:
>>> "Fredxx" <fredxx(a)spam.com> wrote in message

>>> I wouldn't call �15 instead of �18 "substantially less"! Especially
>>> since the landline option gets you over 10 times the data, speed
>>> and
>>> minutes.
>>
>> Where do you get your unlimited phone calls and your broadband from?
>
> TalkTalk. PlusNet do a similar tariff.

But not one which gives free calls during the day at that price? For that I
would have to add another �8 with TalkTalk.