From: Ron on
I installed Terminal Server and activated a 5 user license for Terminal
Services on SBS2003. When I attempt to login the 4th user, I get the error:
'The terminal server has exceeded the maximum number of allowed connections'
Any suggestions?

From: Charlie Russel on
Terminal Server in Application Mode is not supported on SBS 2003. You are
limited to the 2+1 of remote administration mode.

If you have a need for Terminal Services in your SBS environment, you should
install a second server as a "member server" and run Terminal Services on
this. (This _could_ conceivably be a Virtual Server session, if you have the
horsepower on your main SBS server.)

The reasons behind this are security. There is no way you should have
non-Administrators logging on to your Domain Controller.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

From: Kevin Weilbacher [SBS-MVP] on
Ron, if you are familiar with SBS2000, you may know that allowing users to
access TS in App Mode from the server was permitted, but never recommended -
due to the security issues that Charlie pointed out. In SBS2003, they went
ahead and disabled TS in App Mode.

Shoot, I took an old 933Mhz Optiplex PC, added memory to it, and turned it
into a TS server.

--
Kevin Weilbacher [SBS-MVP]
"The days pass by so quickly now, the nights are seldom long"

From: Roger the Great Mind Roger the Great on

From: Roger the Great Mind on
Ron,
Charlie & Kevin just nailed it down. Your only concern now will be
licensing, depending on the route you take (Win 2000 Member server or Win
2003 Member server) and the clients operating system:
Win 2000: No additonal TSCALs for Win2000 and XP Workstations, but TSCAL
needed for any other OS

Win 2003: Microsoft changed the TS licensing requirements. Each terminal
server connection still requires a TSCAL, but as with CALs, TSCALs are also
divided into Per-device and Per-User categories.

You can check all these changes here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/howtobuy/licensing/tscaltransfaq.mspx