From: Billyc on
We have SharePoint Portal 2003 which has remote MS SQL2000 connected!
Some how, I messed up the IIS6 configuration and SharePoint Configuration.
So I got error from Event Log and "Server Application Unavailable" from
accessing the web page : http://IPAddress/default.aspx

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Windows SharePoint Services 2.0
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1000
Date: 2/3/2006
Time: 9:09:29 AM
User: N/A
Computer: ServerName
#50070: Unable to connect to the database SPS01_Config_db on SERVERNAME.
Check the database connection information and make sure that the database
server is running.

and accessing the web page : http://IP Address/default.aspx :

Server Application Unavailable
The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is
currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser
to retry your request.
Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific
request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server.
Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.

Any help is appreciated ?

I check "#50070: Unable to connect to the database" error from Microsoft
site,
did not find the solution. It can not fixed by modify registry SPTIMER value!

Thanks

Billy