From: "Brandy Nee [MSFT]" on
Hello Stuart,

Thank you for posting back.

From the event log, it seems that the remote host 195.102.148.25 is sending
the xexch50 SMTP command to this SBS server without being authenticated
first. So this is the sending server's issue and it does nothing to do with
your Exchange server.

In a normal SMTP transactions, xexch50 is not used, so we can safely ignore
this event. You can also disable the xexch50 authentication by changing the
registry key, to do so, please see:

a) On the server, run "regedit" (without quotation marks).

b) Expand to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SMTPSVC\XEXCH50\Exch50A
uthCheckEnabled value.

c) Set the data value to 0.

Hope this information helps. If anything unclear, please let me know. I am
glad to be of assistance.

Best regards,

Brandy Nee

Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support

From: Stuart on
Thank Brandy

Before I make a change in the registry, can I check what you mean. I have no
Exch50AuthCheckEnabled value - is this a DWORD like SuppressExternal that I
set previously?

Stuart

From: "Brandy Nee [MSFT]" on
Hello Stuart,

Thank you for posting back.

Please go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SMTPSVC\XEXCH50, on
the Tool bar, click Edit, New, Select DWORD value. Rename it as
"Exch50AuthCheckEnable". By default, the value data should be 0, in case,
you can double click the value name, put 0 into the Value Data blank.

Hope this information helps. If anything unclear, please let me know. I am
glad be of assistance.