From: Daniel on
Hello Everybody,

On a SBS2k3 Premium, Exchange2k3 SP3 with senderID enabled and set to reject
emails when vaildation fails, an external user with correct SPF record gets
the above error message when sending email to our domain. Their IP address
was added to Global Accept under Connection Filtering and emails are now
coming in.
The Question is Why would the sender get an error message when the email
headers are valid and SPF is correct. ( well, it may not fail if they didn't
have "-all" in their SPF record ). We've done a test with another SBS2k3
setup same way and the sender gets the same error message, however he claims
it happens only with these servers..... Their mail server is Lotus Domino.
Your input is much appreciated.

Daniel
From: Steve Foster [SBS MVP] on
Daniel wrote:

>Hello Everybody,
>
>On a SBS2k3 Premium, Exchange2k3 SP3 with senderID enabled and set to
>reject
>emails when vaildation fails, an external user with correct SPF record gets
>the above error message when sending email to our domain. Their IP address
>was added to Global Accept under Connection Filtering and emails are now
>coming in.
>The Question is Why would the sender get an error message when the email
>headers are valid and SPF is correct. ( well, it may not fail if they
>didn't
>have "-all" in their SPF record ). We've done a test with another SBS2k3
>setup same way and the sender gets the same error message, however he
>claims
>it happens only with these servers..... Their mail server is Lotus Domino.
>Your input is much appreciated.

Without any useful information, such as the senders domain and the headers
from problem emails, we can only make a guess that the SPF record is *not*
correct.

--
Steve Foster [SBS MVP]