From: BrianMultiLanguage on
Friday our anti-spam product above deleted everyones attchments in everyones
inbox and left this message:
A_POLICY_VIOLATED_FILE_WAS_DETECTED_AND_REMOVED.TXT

Anyone else experience anything like this>?
Sure made the exchange volume smaller though. :(

From: Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] on

In news:B39F0FAB-EFA9-48D2-A128-BB2DA657FFB2(a)microsoft.com,
BrianMultiLanguage <BrianMultiLanguage(a)discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> Friday our anti-spam product above deleted everyones attchments in
> everyones inbox and left this message:
> A_POLICY_VIOLATED_FILE_WAS_DETECTED_AND_REMOVED.TXT
>
> Anyone else experience anything like this>?
> Sure made the exchange volume smaller though. :(

I haven't seen that, and I run this suite all over the place. Did anybody
change anything in the settings in CSM on the server? This wouldn't be the
antispam portion, note - this is the antivirus stuff.

From: Les Connor [SBS Community Member - SBS MVP] on
This might happen if a configuration change is made, and you do a scheduled
or manual scan of the mail store causing everything in the store to be
re-evaluated.

Personally, I only real-time scan mail - allthough in certain circumstances
a re-scan might be warranted. I view scheduled scans as a risk - for
example, a bad signature update (which has been known to happen) could
re-evaluate everything in the store with unexpected results.

--
Les Connor [SBS Community Member - SBS MVP]
SBS Rocks !

From: BrianMultiLanguage on
anti-spam.

From: BrianMultiLanguage on
i administer the changes,
this also Coincided with all of the client licenses being deleted as well.
so we went froma 30 user sbs2003 to 5.