From: jj on
I visited two camera stores in Portland over the weekend, including
Camera World. I asked about the newer, faster CF cards for my 5D, to
replacer my original 133x and 150x cards. At both stores I was told:

"Save your money. The original 5D can't write to the card any faster
than 150-200x. You might get slightly better performance out of a 300x
or 420x, but nothing you'd notice."

First time I've heard anything like this. Can anyone confirm or deny?

JJ
From: John Navas on
On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 23:29:58 -0700, in
<lb7836l5rek558k4vk6falgn89ikdtsg1q(a)4ax.com>, jj(a)unspameljefe.net wrote:

>I visited two camera stores in Portland over the weekend, including
>Camera World. I asked about the newer, faster CF cards for my 5D, to
>replacer my original 133x and 150x cards. At both stores I was told:
>
>"Save your money. The original 5D can't write to the card any faster
>than 150-200x. You might get slightly better performance out of a 300x
>or 420x, but nothing you'd notice."
>
>First time I've heard anything like this. Can anyone confirm or deny?

No matter what the camera can do, the faster card will be faster in a
suitably fast computer reader/writer, which I personally think enough to
justify the faster card regardless.

--
John

Buying a dSLR doesn't make you a photographer,
it makes you a dSLR owner.
"The single most important component of a camera
is the twelve inches behind it." -Ansel Adams
From: Tony Gartshore on
In article <lb7836l5rek558k4vk6falgn89ikdtsg1q(a)4ax.com>,
jj(a)unspameljefe.net says...
> I visited two camera stores in Portland over the weekend, including
> Camera World. I asked about the newer, faster CF cards for my 5D, to
> replacer my original 133x and 150x cards. At both stores I was told:
>
> "Save your money. The original 5D can't write to the card any faster
> than 150-200x. You might get slightly better performance out of a 300x
> or 420x, but nothing you'd notice."
>
> First time I've heard anything like this. Can anyone confirm or deny?
>
> JJ

You might find this answers the question for you..

http://dpnow.com/4445.html

If the 40D does not support UDMA then it's unlikely that the earlier 5D
does either. The 7D does support it but a Kingston 133x card provides
plenty of speed for 1080p video.. So I personally don't need the extra
speed ( or expense !)

--
Tony.