From: RichA on
http://dpreview.com/news/1007/10070605superzoomgrouptest.asp

From: LOL! on
On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 13:55:51 -0700 (PDT), RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>http://dpreview.com/news/1007/10070605superzoomgrouptest.asp

Boy, I bet this part burns you to no end:

"Despite entry-level DSLRs getting cheaper and cheaper the super zoom
models are as popular as ever."

LOL!

From: LOL! on
wrote:

>http://dpreview.com/news/1007/10070605superzoomgrouptest.asp

Boy, I bet this part burns you to no end:

"Despite entry-level DSLRs getting cheaper and cheaper the super zoom
models are as popular as ever."

LOL!

Oh, and DO take note of this:

"Compact Camera Group Test:
SLR-like 'super zoom' cameras"

I don't see "P&S" used anywhere in that heading, do you?

LOL!

From: Sysop on

"LOL!" <lol(a)lol.org> wrote in message

> "Compact Camera Group Test:
> SLR-like 'super zoom' cameras"
>
> I don't see "P&S" used anywhere in that heading, do you?

Pretty well almost every camera made is auto focus, and has live view, so
everything is a P&S. They put live view, and video on dSLR cameras so P&S
who are arfraid to look through the optical viewfinder would use them.

From: John Navas on
On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 13:55:51 -0700 (PDT), in
<a8449e9e-410e-451d-af4d-baa5ff2ba05b(a)z8g2000yqz.googlegroups.com>,
RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote:

It's you that's really scraping the barrel.

Do you really have so much free time that you have to troll incesantly
to fill it up?

>http://dpreview.com/news/1007/10070605superzoomgrouptest.asp

Image quality: outdoors / daylight
* Best of the bunch: Canon PowerShot SX 20 IS, Panasonic FZ35

Image quality: Low light / High ISO
* Best of the bunch: Panasonic FZ35, Canon PowerShot SX 20 IS

Image quality / performance: Flash
* Best of the bunch: Panasonic FZ35, Nikon P100,

Winner (all 3 categories): Panasonic FZ35 (Gold Award)
Close (2 categories): Canon SX20 IS (Gold Award)

Overall, both the Panasonic FZ35 and the Canon SX20 IS perform very
well in most areas. With its excellent viewfinder and well designed
control layout the Canon is arguably more of a 'photographer's
camera' while the Panasonic is ideal if you need bags of zoom in a
small package. Which one is better for you depends entirely on your
requirements but in any case you can't go wrong with either of these
cameras.

I guess this must really bug you. [shrug]

--
John

Buying a dSLR doesn't make you a photographer,
it makes you a dSLR owner.
"The single most important component of a camera
is the twelve inches behind it." -Ansel Adams