From: enna49 on
Hi
I know this is simple, and I know I should know it, but I cannot get it to
work and I have searched Help and the answers seem more complicated than what
I really want.

I have a Col that can have a number of codes with varying lengths. What I
want to do is extract the 5(Fifth) Char from each Cell.
eg
ABCD
ABCDEFGH
ABCDE
ABCDEF
ABCDEFGHIJK

Thanking you once again

From: Jacob Skaria on
Try

=MID(A1,5,1)

--
Jacob

From: "David Biddulph" groups [at] on
You need the MID function. You'll find it in Excel help.
--
David Biddulph

From: enna49 on
Thank you, Thank you.
Sometimes we try to make things more difficult that what they are.
Anne