From: TRZ on
I have a 64 bit Windows Server 2003 machine running the 32 bit version of IIS
due to compatibility issues with 3rd party software.

I have several apps (Virtual Directories) running asp.net 2.0, I don't want
to mess with those.

I now have an Asp.Net 4.0 app I need to host on this machine. I've created
a new web site with a dedicated application pool and I've run the 4.0 version
of "aspnet_regiis -sn" on the site. This appears to have worked, because the
Application Extensions setup window shows the 4.0 version of aspnet_isapi.dll
being used for the various Asp.Net document types.

After running aspnet_regiis -sn, I restarted IIS.

The file permissions on the (new) Virtual Directory are the same as those on
a working Virtual Directories.

When I attempt to access an .aspx page on the new site, I get a 404 error.
When I attempt to access an .html page on the new site, the HTML page is
properly served.

There are no entries in the event log.

The IIS log shows the attempt to access the .aspx page, but does not show
any errors.

Does anyone have any troubleshooting tips?

(My dev/test machine is a 32 bit Windows Server 2003 - running .Net 4.0 side
by side with .Net 2.0 on that machine is flawless.)

From: TRZ on
After reading the ".Net 4.0 on IIS" post below, I found the solution to my
problem:

"I researched this, went into Web Service Extensions and allowed ASP.net."
(for ASP.Net 4.0)