From: Peter Schepers on
>> > 65C02: USD 7.86 directly from WDC, CIAs were Commodore-only and as far
>> > as I know have not been produced since CSD has shut down.
>
>Maybe:
>
>http://www.westerndesigncenter.com/wdc/w65c22-chip.cfm

This chip is a VIA (6522). CIA's are the 6526 which are Commodore (MOS)
specific.

PS
From: christianlott1 on
On Jul 2, 12:53 pm, schep...(a)ist.uwaterloo.ca (Peter Schepers) wrote:

> >Maybe:
>
> >http://www.westerndesigncenter.com/wdc/w65c22-chip.cfm
>
> This chip is a VIA (6522). CIA's are the 6526 which are Commodore (MOS)
> specific.

I was trying to say that these might be a good substitute as it seems
to have all the same functionality, and using an fpga to translate the
addresses or any timing differences.

It's also interesting to think about in light of the new developments
in the atari 8 bit chip designs being uncovered that there may be a
niche for new generalized 8 bit motherboards.

Though if they have the ability for such a project they'd probably put
it all on one chip rather than spread it out. It seems the atari and
commodore fanatics are always looking for some way to beef up their
computers with more ram or faster speeds or new graphics abilities
where brand new cards and chips 500x the power are being sold for
pennies.