From: Ron Hardin on
How come there's Vostro 1220's with 800 MHz memory and others
with 677 MHz memory?

Does it affect execution speed? One more thing to watch out for?

The FSB is 1066 MHz (battle of hastings) in both cases.
--
rhhardin(a)mindspring.com

From: Ron Hardin on
Ron Hardin wrote:

> How come there's Vostro 1220's with 800 MHz memory and others
> with 677 MHz memory?
>
> Does it affect execution speed? One more thing to watch out for?
>
> The FSB is 1066 MHz (battle of hastings) in both cases.

And, I should have said, both with T9550 processors. (2.66 GHz)

--
rhhardin(a)mindspring.com

From: Bob Villa on
On Mar 19, 8:10 pm, Ron Hardin <rhhar...(a)mindspring.com> wrote:
> Ron Hardin wrote:
>
> > How come there's Vostro 1220's with 800 MHz memory and others
> > with 677 MHz memory?
>
> > Does it affect execution speed?  One more thing to watch out for?
>
> > The FSB is 1066 MHz (battle of hastings) in both cases.
>
> And, I should have said, both with T9550 processors. (2.66 GHz)
>
> --
> rhhar...(a)mindspring.com
>
> On the internet, nobody knows you're a jerk.

Ron is this you? http://en.scientificcommons.org/ronald_h_hardin
I haven't read it yet...but impressive still!
bob_v
From: Bob Villa on
On Mar 19, 8:10 pm, Ron Hardin <rhhar...(a)mindspring.com> wrote:
> Ron Hardin wrote:
>
> > How come there's Vostro 1220's with 800 MHz memory and others
> > with 677 MHz memory?
>
> > Does it affect execution speed?  One more thing to watch out for?
>
> > The FSB is 1066 MHz (battle of hastings) in both cases.
>
> And, I should have said, both with T9550 processors. (2.66 GHz)
>
> --
> rhhar...(a)mindspring.com
>
> On the internet, nobody knows you're a jerk.

My thoughts would be: two like sticks (dual-channel) of 800 would be
the fastest choice.