From: mike_la_jolla on
On Sep 18, 3:25 pm, buc...(a)atbode100.lrr.in.tum.de (Rainer Buchty)
wrote:
> In article <9c84f43a-5edd-46ac-8a96-8d018bf62...(a)f20g2000prn.googlegroups..com>, mike_la_jolla <md...(a)dinigroup.com> writes:
>

> |> Not sure why you are using JEDEC for this.  If you have the 82S153,
> |> just put the device on the programmer and read the fuse locations back..
>
> Uhm, yes. And which format but JEDEC do you suggest?
>
> |> What device programmer are you using?
>
> Data I/O Unisite.
>
> Rainer

Flip thru the menus. I remember being able to get a hex number the
represented the fuses blown on each row. With that info, you can
extract the equations from the fuse map in the datasheet. You can get
this info from the JEDEC. I think the JEDEC gives fuse numbers '0-
>whatever' in hex format. With the JEDEC file, you would need to know
how the fuses are numbered. You will still need to go back to the
fuse map to get the equations.
From: Rainer Buchty on
In article <d9ac727d-4500-4b34-a887-f88d442bb53c(a)13g2000prl.googlegroups.com>,
mike_la_jolla <mdini(a)dinigroup.com> writes:

|> Flip thru the menus. I remember being able to get a hex number the
|> represented the fuses blown on each row.

JEDEC (Unisite formats 91/92) is just fine. Gives line numbers and fusemap,
although as a longer chunk than the average software seems to like to digest.

Interestingly, when I use a hex dump format I get extra information at the
beginning I don't see in the JEDEC file, e.g.

000000EF
000000EF

trailing the pterm fusemap. Anyone knows whether this is some device ID or
the check fuses mentioned in the data sheet?

|> With that info, you can
|> extract the equations from the fuse map in the datasheet.

Well, the trickery part was that there's no fuse map in the data sheet.
But, then, it wasn't too hard to figure out what the product terms, sum
terms, and control terms were.

Strangely enough, there seem to be two methods of filling a PLS153, one
is from fuse 0 on, the other from use 644 on. In the first case, the
unused block is zero-ed, in the second case it's one-d. From the generated
JEDEC files, I didn't find any other means of differentiation.

Rainer