From: theom on
>On Feb 6, 12:45 am, dim...(a)gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Current version of xc3sprog in SVN incorporates all of the patches
>> submitted
>> so far. I pulled them in a couple of days ago, partially in response
>> to this
>> thread. Please submit your new patches - I will try to keep the
>> project
>> up to date.
>
>I've sent you my patches to your gmail address.
>Please let me know if you've received them.
>
>--
>mmihai

Hi

Hope this thread is still alive :)

I've been trying to use xc3sprog on FreeBSD 7.2 RELEASE to detect my
Digilent Spartan 3 Starter Board by running the command

xc3sprog -j -d /dev/ppi0

but get the failure message

Release $Rev: 215 $
Please provide feedback on success/failure/enhancement requests! Check
Sourceforge SVN!
Missing power for Parallel Cable III

I'm using the Xilinx parallel JTAG cable to connect the board.

To compile xc3sprog I had to change 'port->fd' to 'fd' in a few places in
ioparport.cpp - don't know if that might be causing this.

Thought this might be an issue with the port not being detected by the
kernel but dmesg shows that the port is indeed detected:

ppc0: <Parallel port> at port 0x378-0x37f irq 7 on isa0
ppc0: SMC-like chipset (ECP/EPP/PS2/NIBBLE) in COMPATIBLE mode
ppc0: FIFO with 16/16/9 bytes threshold
ppbus0: <Parallel port bus> on ppc0
ppbus0: [ITHREAD]
plip0: <PLIP network interface> on ppbus0
plip0: WARNING: using obsoleted IFF_NEEDSGIANT flag
lpt0: <Printer> on ppbus0
lpt0: Interrupt-driven port
ppi0: <Parallel I/O> on ppbus0
ppc0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
ppc0: [ITHREAD]

I'm running the GENERIC kernel.

Thanks,
JP

From: Uwe Bonnes on
theom <theobjectmachine(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> xc3sprog -j -d /dev/ppi0

> but get the failure message

> Release $Rev: 215 $
> Please provide feedback on success/failure/enhancement requests! Check
> Sourceforge SVN!
> Missing power for Parallel Cable III

> I'm using the Xilinx parallel JTAG cable to connect the board.

> To compile xc3sprog I had to change 'port->fd' to 'fd' in a few places in
> ioparport.cpp - don't know if that might be causing this.

Could you please try sourceforge SVN
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xc3sprog/develop
svn co https://xc3sprog.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xc3sprog xc3sprog
?

Thanks
--
Uwe Bonnes bon(a)elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de

Institut fuer Kernphysik Schlossgartenstrasse 9 64289 Darmstadt
From: Uwe Bonnes on
theom <theobjectmachine(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> xc3sprog -j -d /dev/ppi0

> but get the failure message

> Release $Rev: 215 $
> Please provide feedback on success/failure/enhancement requests! Check
> Sourceforge SVN!
> Missing power for Parallel Cable III

> I'm using the Xilinx parallel JTAG cable to connect the board.

> To compile xc3sprog I had to change 'port->fd' to 'fd' in a few places in
> ioparport.cpp - don't know if that might be causing this.

Could you please try sourceforge SVN
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xc3sprog/develop
svn co https://xc3sprog.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xc3sprog xc3sprog
?

Regarding the parallel port, I fixed port->fd and some error inhibiting the
use with win32 introduced sometimes after $Rev: 215

If the problem persists and if you can, try running in gdb to see what goes
wrong. Otherwise send me the output of "strace -f -o /tmp xc3sprog.strace
xc3sprog -j -d /dev/ppi0" or something equivalent on BSD.

Thanks
--
Uwe Bonnes bon(a)elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de

Institut fuer Kernphysik Schlossgartenstrasse 9 64289 Darmstadt

Pages: 1
Prev: 82S153 Fuse Map / Disassembler
Next: VHDL question