From: eric gisse on
kenseto wrote:

[...]

How goes the quest to make people take you seriously?
From: Y.Porat on
On Oct 6, 7:11 pm, kenseto <kens...(a)erinet.com> wrote:
> A clock second is not a universal interval of time.
> What does this mean?
-------------------
it means that there is not at all
a universal interval of time !!

time is an arbitrary human invention
(not natures invention )
to describe relative motion to some arbitrary
chosen MOTION REFERENCE !!

(it might be the suns or moons or your clock
or atomic movement whatever )
it is a very useful human invention!
but not universal because if your movement reference will say slow its
movement
and you** depend only on that **
you would not notice it !!
in parctice we check it by not being deoendant on jsut
one movenet reference
but still we are movement dependant
on our movement comparisons
if all of them will say slow down 'syncronically'
(theoretically )
ie by the same rate --
you still will not beable to notice it !!

it might be universal only in the sense of
**human** common language

ATB
Y.Porat
---------------------

From: Inertial on

"Y.Porat" <y.y.porat(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Oct 6, 7:11 pm, kenseto <kens...(a)erinet.com> wrote:
>> A clock second is not a universal interval of time.
>> What does this mean?
> -------------------
> it means that there is not at all
> a universal interval of time !!
>
> time is an arbitrary human invention
> (not natures invention )
> to describe relative motion to some arbitrary
> chosen MOTION REFERENCE !!
>
> (it might be the suns or moons or your clock
> or atomic movement whatever )
> it is a very useful human invention!

Nicely put

From: kenseto on
On Oct 7, 7:52 am, "Y.Porat" <y.y.po...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 6, 7:11 pm, kenseto <kens...(a)erinet.com> wrote:> A clock second is not a universal interval of time.
> > What does this mean?
>
> -------------------
> it means that there is not at all
> a universal interval of time  !!

No....it means that a clock second does not measure the same interval
of universal time in different frames.

Ken Seto

From: kenseto on
On Oct 6, 7:32 pm, "Juan R." González-Álvarez
<juanREM...(a)canonicalscience.com> wrote:
> kenseto wrote on Tue, 06 Oct 2009 10:11:57 -0700:
>
> > A clock second is not a universal interval of time.
>
> Plain wrong.

You are plain stupid. If a clock second is a universal interval of
time then the passage of a clock second in A's frame will correspond