From: Inertial on

<kenseto(a)erinet.com> wrote in message
> On Oct 7, 7:52 am, "Y.Porat" <y.y.po...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Oct 6, 7:11 pm, kenseto <kens...(a)erinet.com> wrote:> A clock second is
>> not a universal interval of time.
>> > What does this mean?
>>
>> -------------------
>> it means that there is not at all
>> a universal interval of time !!
>
> No....it means that a clock second does not measure the same interval
> of universal time in different frames.

What universal time? Does any clock measure universal time? How could you
tell if it did? How can it be called a universal time if it doesn't
correspond to what we measure time to be?

From: kenseto on
On Oct 6, 7:04 pm, "Inertial" <relativ...(a)rest.com> wrote:
> "kenseto" <kens...(a)erinet.com> wrote in message

> > A clock second is not a universal interval of time.
> > What does this mean?
>
> You wouldn't know.

You are an runt of the SRians.
From: kenseto on
On Oct 6, 5:37 pm, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)mchsi.com> wrote:
> kens...(a)erinet.com wrote:
> >>    A clock second is an invention of humans.
>
> >>    An example of universal constant, on the other hand, is
> >>    the speed of light/gravity which is totally independent
> >>    of humans.
>
> > Hey idiot what is the time interval you use to measure the speed of
> > light????? If you say a clock second is a human invention does that
> > mean that a clock second use to define light speed is also a human
> > invention????
>
>    You got yer cart before yer chicken, Seto. The propagation of
>    light existed long long before humings came up with some way to
>    measure it.
>
>    This in important, Seto, so pay attention! Light is used as
>    a standard to DEFINE both units of distance and units of time.
>    So join the 20th and 21st centuries, Seto!

Wormy using the speed of light to define units of distance and time is
circular.

From: kenseto on
On Oct 7, 9:10 am, "Inertial" <relativ...(a)rest.com> wrote:
> <kens...(a)erinet.com> wrote in message

> > On Oct 7, 7:52 am, "Y.Porat" <y.y.po...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >> On Oct 6, 7:11 pm, kenseto <kens...(a)erinet.com> wrote:> A clock second is
> >> not a universal interval of time.
>
> >> -------------------
> >> it means that there is not at all
> >> a universal interval of time  !!
>
> > No....it means that a clock second does not measure the same interval
> > of universal time in different frames.
>
> What universal time?  Does any clock measure universal time?  How could you
> tell if it did?  How can it be called a universal time if it doesn't
> correspond to what we measure time to be?

Universal time (or absolute time) is the only time that exists. A
clock second will contain a specific interval of universal time
(absolute time) in A's frame and a clock second will cntain a
different interval of universal time in B's frame. That's why clocks
in different frame run at different rates. This is illustrated clearly
by the GPS ststem...a GPS second had to redfined to have 4.15 more
periods of the Cs 133 radiation than a ground clock second. The
purpose of this redefinition is to make the GPS second contain the
same anount of absolute time (universal time) as the ground clock
second.

Ken Seto
From: Sam Wormley on
kenseto(a)erinet.com wrote:
> On Oct 6, 5:37 pm, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)mchsi.com> wrote:

>> You got yer cart before yer chicken, Seto. The propagation of
>> light existed long long before humings came up with some way to
>> measure it.
>>
>> This in important, Seto, so pay attention! Light is used as
>> a standard to DEFINE both units of distance and units of time.
>> So join the 20th and 21st centuries, Seto!
>

> Wormy using the speed of light to define units of distance and time is
> circular.

That's you opinion (and incorrect at that), Seto.

Ref: http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/current.html

Unit of time - second
"The second is the duration of 9192631770 periods of the radiation
corresponding to the transition between the two hyperfine levels of
the ground state of the cesium 133 atom".

Seto--This definition has nothing to so with length!

Unit of length - meter
"The meter is the length of the path travelled by light in vacuum during
a time interval of 1/299792458 of a second".

So, Seto, as you can see, the definition of length uses the definition
of a second, but the definition of a second DOES NOT USE the definition
of length.