From: David Mark on
On Jul 29, 4:40 am, Ry Nohryb <jo...(a)jorgechamorro.com> wrote:
> On Jul 29, 10:24 am, Ry Nohryb <jo...(a)jorgechamorro.com> wrote:
>

> > And what's with falsy values ?
>
> text-decoration:line-through;

Can't help but wonder why this group isn't more popular. (?) Nothing
subterranean going on here. :)

Adios, El Abuelo.
From: Ry Nohryb on
On Jul 29, 10:37 am, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 29, 4:24 am, Ry Nohryb <jo...(a)jorgechamorro.com> wrote:
>
> > Why not:
>
> > "k" in window
> > --> false
> > var k;
> > --> undefined
> > "k" in window
> > --> true
>
> You know full well why not.  :(
>
> Or do you?  At the very least, you've been told a thousand times.
> There's no standard that says the window object *is* the Global
> Object.  You are simply making bad inferences (from observations of a
> necessarily limited set of user agents).
>
> The window object may mirror global properties and setting its
> properties may set properties on the Global Object.  It may appear in
> every way (that you've had time to test) to be the Global Object, but
> there is no way to know for sure what is going on behind the scenes
> with that host object and not a shred of specification anywhere that
> says it must behave as you assume.

"In addition, for some languages, such as ECMAScript [ECMAScript], the
Window interface is implemented by the object that provides the global
namespace for script execution"

http://www.w3.org/TR/Window//#introduction
--
Jorge.
From: Ry Nohryb on

Grrr: http://www.w3.org/TR/Window/#introduction
--
Jorge.
From: David Mark on
On Jul 29, 4:46 am, Ry Nohryb <jo...(a)jorgechamorro.com> wrote:
> On Jul 29, 10:37 am, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Jul 29, 4:24 am, Ry Nohryb <jo...(a)jorgechamorro.com> wrote:
>
> > > Why not:
>
> > > "k" in window
> > > --> false
> > > var k;
> > > --> undefined
> > > "k" in window
> > > --> true
>
> > You know full well why not.  :(
>
> > Or do you?  At the very least, you've been told a thousand times.
> > There's no standard that says the window object *is* the Global
> > Object.  You are simply making bad inferences (from observations of a
> > necessarily limited set of user agents).
>
> > The window object may mirror global properties and setting its
> > properties may set properties on the Global Object.  It may appear in
> > every way (that you've had time to test) to be the Global Object, but
> > there is no way to know for sure what is going on behind the scenes
> > with that host object and not a shred of specification anywhere that
> > says it must behave as you assume.
>
> "In addition, for some languages, such as ECMAScript [ECMAScript], the
> Window interface is implemented by the object that provides the global
> namespace for script execution"
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/Window//#introduction

How many times do we have to go over this? For one, that's obviously
not the language specification you have cited. That's an offhand
reference to a non-normative part of the language specs. In other
words, it's worthless, except to confuse people who don't know any
better. Are you among those people or simply trying to notch some
sort of hollow "victory" here?

I expected better from you, El Abuelo. Every time I give you the
slightest shred of credit, you make me regret it.
From: Ry Nohryb on
On Jul 29, 10:43 am, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Adios, El Abuelo.

Are you leaving ?
--
Jorge.