From: David Mark on
On Jul 29, 4:54 am, Ry Nohryb <jo...(a)jorgechamorro.com> wrote:
> On Jul 29, 10:43 am, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Adios, El Abuelo.
>
> Are you leaving ?

Soon enough; but age before beauty... :)

I mean, haven't you done enough here?
From: Ry Nohryb on
On Jul 29, 10:53 am, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> I expected better from you, El Abuelo.  Every time I give you the
> slightest shred of credit, you make me regret it.

We don't have to agree, Mark, so don't worry.

I saw the "This section is not normative." in bold in there. But,
there's so many that aren't normative -yet- in the browsers...

http://google.com/search?q="This+section+is+not+normative"site=w3.org
--> About 416 results

Say, e.g. the timers, the navigator object, the XHRs... don't you use
them ? Well, you shouldn't: they're not in any standard! (maybe
they've been finally standardized recently (?)).
--
Jorge.
From: David Mark on
On Jul 29, 5:10 am, Ry Nohryb <jo...(a)jorgechamorro.com> wrote:
> On Jul 29, 10:53 am, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I expected better from you, El Abuelo.  Every time I give you the
> > slightest shred of credit, you make me regret it.
>
> We don't have to agree, Mark, so don't worry.

Worry about what?

> I saw the "This section is not normative." in bold in there. But,
> there's so many that aren't normative -yet- in the browsers...

The section it refers to in the *language specification* is not
normative either.

> http://google.com/search?q="This+section+is+not+normative"site=w3.org
> --> About 416 results

And?

> Say, e.g. the timers, the navigator object, the XHRs... don't you use
> them ?

For one, you are looking at the wrong specifications as we are
discussing language features. For two, there is no standard DOM
specification for the window object anyway.

> Well, you shouldn't: they're not in any standard! (maybe
> they've been finally standardized recently (?)).

You don't get it. Don't use something that has no formal
specification if there is a standard alternative. And certainly don't
make assumptions about host objects when you don't have to. ;)
From: Ry Nohryb on
On Jul 29, 11:22 am, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 29, 5:10 am, Ry Nohryb <jo...(a)jorgechamorro.com> wrote:
>
> > On Jul 29, 10:53 am, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > I expected better from you, El Abuelo.  Every time I give you the
> > > slightest shred of credit, you make me regret it.
>
> > We don't have to agree, Mark, so don't worry.
>
> Worry about what?
>

> > I saw the "This section is not normative." in bold in there. But,
> > there's so many that aren't normative -yet- in the browsers...
>
> The section it refers to in the *language specification* is not
> normative either.
>

> >http://google.com/search?q="This+section+is+not+normative"site=w3.org
> > --> About 416 results
>
> And?
>

> > Say, e.g. the timers, the navigator object, the XHRs... don't you use
> > them ?
>
> For one, you are looking at the wrong specifications as we are
> discussing language features.  For two, there is no standard DOM
> specification for the window object anyway.
>
> > Well, you shouldn't: they're not in any standard! (maybe
> > they've been finally standardized recently (?)).
>
> You don't get it.  Don't use something that has no formal
> specification if there is a standard alternative.  And certainly don't
> make assumptions about host objects when you don't have to.  ;)

Since when is the Global Object a host object? :-)
--
Jorge.
From: Ry Nohryb on
On Jul 29, 11:22 am, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> For one, you are looking at the wrong specifications as we are
> discussing language features.

The Global Object is a language feature, the 'window' symbol is not.
--
Jorge.