From: me on
A few of the better shots from a walk along the shore of the James
River between Jamestown and Williamsburg, VA.

Eastern Bluebird
http://edwardgruf.com/2010-01-18_james_am/slides/_DSC8133.html

http://edwardgruf.com/2010-01-18_james_am/slides/_DSC8135.html

http://edwardgruf.com/2010-01-18_james_am/slides/_DSC8138.html

GBH
http://edwardgruf.com/2010-01-18_james_am/slides/_DSC8146.html

Bald Eagle
http://edwardgruf.com/2010-01-18_james_am/slides/_DSC8150.html

Nikon D300 + 200-400mm f/4 + TC14E.
From: Allen on
On 1/20/2010 5:54 PM, me wrote:
> A few of the better shots from a walk along the shore of the James
> River between Jamestown and Williamsburg, VA.
>
> Eastern Bluebird
> http://edwardgruf.com/2010-01-18_james_am/slides/_DSC8133.html
>
> http://edwardgruf.com/2010-01-18_james_am/slides/_DSC8135.html
>
> http://edwardgruf.com/2010-01-18_james_am/slides/_DSC8138.html
>
> GBH
> http://edwardgruf.com/2010-01-18_james_am/slides/_DSC8146.html
>
> Bald Eagle
> http://edwardgruf.com/2010-01-18_james_am/slides/_DSC8150.html
>

> Nikon D300 + 200-400mm f/4 + TC14E.
What kind of kingfisher is that (pic 19)? I enjoyed looking at your
pictures.
Allen
From: me on
On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 19:52:08 -0600, Allen <allent(a)austin.rr.com>
wrote:

>What kind of kingfisher is that (pic 19)? I enjoyed looking at your
>pictures.

Thanks. That's a belted KF in Wormley Creek in Yorktown taken from the
drive across the earthen dam. Not very sharp being back lit and taken
from my truck with the dog moving around in the back for such an
extreme crop.