From: Yousuf Khan on
I need to find a benchmark program that will measure transfer rates to
individual hard disks, over all kinds of connections (IDE, SATA, USB,
etc.). Something that's somewhat similar to memory testers which can
also determine failure patterns, in addition to raw throughput. What's
recommended?

Yousuf Khan
From: Bob Willard on
Yousuf Khan wrote:
> I need to find a benchmark program that will measure transfer rates to
> individual hard disks, over all kinds of connections (IDE, SATA, USB,
> etc.). Something that's somewhat similar to memory testers which can
> also determine failure patterns, in addition to raw throughput. What's
> recommended?
>
> Yousuf Khan

To measure transfer rates, I still prefer HDtach; HDtune is my second
choice, and I've also used HDDscan.

None of those are worth a hoot at reporting -- let alone analyzing --
transient errors.

I don't much care about analyzing HD failures, since any sign of failure
just triggers replacement.
--
Cheers, Bob
From: bbbl67 on
On Feb 25, 7:24 am, Bob Willard <BobwB...(a)TrashThis.comcast.net>
wrote:
> Yousuf Khan wrote:
> > I need to find a benchmark program that will measure transfer rates to
> > individual hard disks, over all kinds of connections (IDE, SATA, USB,
> > etc.). Something that's somewhat similar to memory testers which can
> > also determine failure patterns, in addition to raw throughput. What's
> > recommended?
>
> >     Yousuf Khan
>
> To measure transfer rates, I still prefer HDtach; HDtune is my second
> choice, and I've also used HDDscan.

Ah, HDDscan has benchmarks? I didn't notice that, I'll have to look at
it again.

Yousuf Khan