From: Ron on
On 2/24/2010 10:41 PM, John Doe wrote:
> "Rod Speed"<rod.speed.aaa gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> John Doe wrote:
>
>>> Long ago, when I first started using disk managers (probably
>>> PartitionMagic) and shortly thereafter stumbled onto the practice
>>> of copying the operating system, day by day it slowly and
>>> pleasantly took a big load off of my shoulders. Maybe that
>>> practice is just for enthusiasts. Whatever. If you need to do it,
>>> Macrium Reflect is your tool. Making copies of Windows and
>>> occasionally restoring one encourages you to keep track of and
>>> backup important files, but most of us should learn to keep a
>>> backup of important files anyway.

Snip

> I have Acronis Disk Director 10, and its recovery CD can no longer
> even see my hard drives, there have been zero updates since it was
> published years ago.

I've noticed the same thing about Disk Director, but since it's
essentially a partition manager, I don't use it that much. TI is my
favorite imaging tool; has been since version 7. I use it weekly,
copying the images to a second internal drive and an external drive. I
even bought the netbook version for a friend!

Macrium Reflect is very good; the free version won't do incremental
images/backups, IIRC. As always, imho, ymmv.

Ron Moore