From: Andy B. on
I want to make some wise choices when making my objects. I want to add
features to them, but don't feel like writing my own interfaces if they
already exist. Since I don't totally know what's out there in .net 3.5sp1 as
far as interfaces go, is there a simple easy way to find a list of them
somewhere? I would need them from msdn if possible.

From: Family Tree Mike on
On 2/23/2010 1:50 PM, Andy B. wrote:
> I want to make some wise choices when making my objects. I want to add
> features to them, but don't feel like writing my own interfaces if they
> already exist. Since I don't totally know what's out there in .net 3.5sp1 as
> far as interfaces go, is there a simple easy way to find a list of them
> somewhere? I would need them from msdn if possible.

The only place I would trust would be MSDN. All the namespaces list on
their main page, the classes, structures, and interfaces that are
defined in the namespace. You need to identify what namespace might
have appropriate interfaces for your objects. For example, if your
class does something with multiple objects, you would likely look at
System.Collections:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.collections.aspx

--
Mike
From: Andy B. on

"Family Tree Mike" <FamilyTreeMike(a)ThisOldHouse.com> wrote in message
> On 2/23/2010 1:50 PM, Andy B. wrote:
>> I want to make some wise choices when making my objects. I want to add
>> features to them, but don't feel like writing my own interfaces if they
>> already exist. Since I don't totally know what's out there in .net 3.5sp1
>> as
>> far as interfaces go, is there a simple easy way to find a list of them
>> somewhere? I would need them from msdn if possible.
>>

> The only place I would trust would be MSDN. All the namespaces list on
> their main page, the classes, structures, and interfaces that are defined
> in the namespace. You need to identify what namespace might have
> appropriate interfaces for your objects. For example, if your class does
> something with multiple objects, you would likely look at
> System.Collections:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.collections.aspx
>

> --
> Mike

Got that part, but is there a way to list only the interfaces?

From: Cor Ligthert[MVP] on
Andy,

I can not imagine a situation where you would use an existing interface
(from Net) except for non inheritable classes.

If you want to create classes from already existing classes then you use
those classes as a base class.
Those then already implement those interfaces.

It seems that somehow interfaces have blinded you.

Cor

From: Family Tree Mike on
On 2/24/2010 12:19 AM, Cor Ligthert[MVP] wrote:
> Andy,
>
> I can not imagine a situation where you would use an existing interface
> (from Net) except for non inheritable classes.
>
> If you want to create classes from already existing classes then you use
> those classes as a base class.
> Those then already implement those interfaces.
>
> It seems that somehow interfaces have blinded you.
>
> Cor
>

> "Andy B." <a_borka(a)sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>> I want to make some wise choices when making my objects. I want to add
>> features to them, but don't feel like writing my own interfaces if
>> they already exist. Since I don't totally know what's out there in
>> .net 3.5sp1 as far as interfaces go, is there a simple easy way to
>> find a list of them somewhere? I would need them from msdn if possible.

System.IComparable might be an exception to this. There is often good
reason to impliment this interface.

--
Mike