From: amdx on

--
MikeK
"Uwe Hercksen" <hercksen(a)mew.uni-erlangen.de> wrote in message

> amdx schrieb:
>
>> Although they already have the homeowner inside the circuit breaker
>> panel
>> putting the clamps around the feed lines, it would not be much more
>> difficult
>> to stick a wire in a circuit breaker and another in the neutral bar. BUT
>> now
>> they're getting into rules and regulations.
>
> Hello,
>
> it would have been easier for the homeowner if they put the voltage
> measurement within the display unit.

It would be easier, but if it was plugged into a heavily loaded line it
might
drop 2, 3 or 4 volts and there goes the accuracy. Getting current phase at
the circuit breaker box and voltage phase at the display and making a
comparision of phase shift thru an RF link ? I think that's asking for more
error.

> But for a correct measurement three wires are necessary to measure the two
> voltages on both phases.

I figured someone on this group could do it with just two wires, I
think the 180* phase shift between L1 and L2 is pretty constant.
MikeK

From: Uwe Hercksen on

amdx schrieb:

> I figured someone on this group could do it with just two wires, I
> think the 180* phase shift between L1 and L2 is pretty constant.

Hello,

a pretty constant phase shift of 180 degrees does not guarantee a
constant voltage ratio of 1.000 between L1 and L2. The load is not very
well balanced between L1 and L2 for all time of the day.

Bye

From: amdx on

> amdx schrieb:
>
> > I figured someone on this group could do it with just two wires, I
> > think the 180* phase shift between L1 and L2 is pretty constant.
>
> Hello,
>
> a pretty constant phase shift of 180 degrees does not guarantee a constant
> voltage ratio of 1.000 between L1 and L2. The load is not very well
> balanced between L1 and L2 for all time of the day.
>
> Bye

Noted,
MikeK