From: Savageduck on
On 2010-07-30 02:40:44 -0700, Bruce <docnews2011(a)gmail.com> said:

> On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 11:08:49 +0200, Alfred Molon
> <alfred_molon(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> I would just bring along many memory cards which now are very, very
>> cheap. If you need significantly more than 30GB of memory, simply but a
>> cheap netbook with a large HDD.
>

> That has been my approach, ever since I bought an "image tank" that
> failed - a Jobo Giga One. Its hard disk suffered a mechanical failure
> and lost me hundreds of images that needed to be expensively re-shot.
> At my expense. :-(
>
> The answer is, as you say, many memory cards plus a netbook. I also
> carry a portable 500GB external hard drive and back up the netbook's
> hard drive to it. Better safe than sorry.

Agreed. I use a triple redundant system on my trips. (I am less anal
when shooting close to home.)

1. In field and/or first save at hotel, or camp on Colorspace UDMA.

2. Backup to 500GB Firewire HD, either directly from CF cards, or Tx
from Colorspace UDMA.

3. Load into Lightroom and convert to DNG on Macbook Pro.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: bugbear on
LOL! wrote:

>> BugBear
>
> Human empathy I have plenty of. Words on my computer screen don't require
> any empathy.

Now you're just deliberately misunderstanding,
presumably for rhetorical effect.

Thread ends.

BugBear