From: harmi on
Hi,

i want to create a form to convert several hundreds of A97 dbs to A2K.
does anybody know what which routines are behind the Convert to
current Database-Version
in the A2K-Tools Database Utilities option.
How could this be integrated in my form for the convert-loop over the
a97-dbs.

many thanks für helping
From: Larry Linson on
The vast, vast majority of Access 97 databases can be opened in Access 2000
(or any later version) and saved in Access 2000 format. No, I don't have a
suggestion as to how you would automate that task.

There are, however, some very accomplished Access developers who participate
in this newsgroup, and there's a possibility that one of them will be able
to offer a useful suggestion.

Larry Linson
Microsoft Office Access MVP

From: PieterLinden via AccessMonster.com on
Larry Linson wrote:
>The vast, vast majority of Access 97 databases can be opened in Access 2000
>(or any later version) and saved in Access 2000 format. No, I don't have a
>suggestion as to how you would automate that task.
>
>There are, however, some very accomplished Access developers who participate
>in this newsgroup, and there's a possibility that one of them will be able
>to offer a useful suggestion.
>
> Larry Linson
> Microsoft Office Access MVP

Looks like MichKa wrote one... good thing, because you know it will work...
http://www.trigeminal.com/lang/1033/utility.asp?ItemID=-1#6