From: Manish on
Hi, i am trying to encrypt data using AES algoritm
I am using the CryptDeriveKey API with CALG_AES_128.But it returns
false.
last error specifies "Invalid Algorithm specified".
It works fine for CALG_DES.but failing for CALG_AES.
I am working on windows xp platform.

Is AES is not supported om win32???

From: philippe on
Manish wrote:
> Hi, i am trying to encrypt data using AES algoritm
> I am using the CryptDeriveKey API with CALG_AES_128.But it returns
> false.
> last error specifies "Invalid Algorithm specified".
> It works fine for CALG_DES.but failing for CALG_AES.
> I am working on windows xp platform.
>
> Is AES is not supported om win32???

It seems only available on OS >= Vista
From: Manish on
On Jun 17, 12:58 am, philippe <phili...(a)phil.com> wrote:
> Manish wrote:
> > Hi, i am trying to encrypt data using AES algoritm
> > I am using the CryptDeriveKey API with CALG_AES_128.But it returns
> > false.
> > last error specifies "Invalid Algorithm specified".
> > It works fine for CALG_DES.but failing for CALG_AES.
> > I am working on windows xp platform.
>
> > Is AES is not supported om win32???
>
> It seems only available on OS >= Vista

So it is not supported in windows NT based OS less than Vista?Like
xp, 2000...
But msdn has nt given any such detail.
From: Larry Lindstrom on
Manish wrote:
> On Jun 17, 12:58 am, philippe <phili...(a)phil.com> wrote:
>> Manish wrote:
>>> Hi, i am trying to encrypt data using AES algoritm
>>> I am using the CryptDeriveKey API with CALG_AES_128.But it returns
>>> false.
>>> last error specifies "Invalid Algorithm specified".
>>> It works fine for CALG_DES.but failing for CALG_AES.
>>> I am working on windows xp platform.
>>> Is AES is not supported om win32???
>> It seems only available on OS >= Vista
>
> So it is not supported in windows NT based OS less than Vista?Like
> xp, 2000...
> But msdn has nt given any such detail.

Hi Mahish:

I'd hate to change crypto libraries after getting LibTomCrypt
to work.

If you need crypto on an OS earlier than Vista, there are
several libraries out there.
From: Manish on
On Jun 17, 6:18 pm, Larry Lindstrom <nob...(a)nowhere.com> wrote:
> Manish wrote:
> >> It seems only available on OS >= Vista
>
> > So it is not supported in windows  NT based OS less than Vista?Like
> > xp, 2000...
> > But msdn has nt given any such detail.
>
> Hi Mahish:
>
>     I'd hate to change crypto libraries after getting LibTomCrypt
> to work.
>
>     If you need crypto on an OS earlier than Vista, there are
> several libraries out there.

Hi Larry,
I have already used once fips validated library and i am able to do
the task.
But i am more interested to know whether it is possible without using
any 3rd party library.
Windows itself support des and triple des.
i just want to know whether aes is supported on OS lbelow vista. If
yes then how ??