From: Rishi on
Hello Everybody,

i am using Microsoft keyboard RT2300.
It has few hotkeys or some dedicated buttons for opening few
applications like (left to right)

outlook, home, favourites, play pause media player , volume control
(high/low) , mute, my computer, calculator.

However out the all the buttons i use only the volume control and mute
buttons.
How can i write a program/driver so that i can change the applications
the button open.

For eg : Button marked outlook is of no use to me as i am a student
instead i want to configure it so that it opens winamp or notepad or
internet explorer

and similarly for other buttons

And can anybody give me link to symbian S60 platform software
developement or any mailing list

thanks in advance
From: Christian ASTOR on
Rishi wrote:

> i am using Microsoft keyboard RT2300.
> It has few hotkeys or some dedicated buttons for opening few
> applications like (left to right)
>
> outlook, home, favourites, play pause media player , volume control
> (high/low) , mute, my computer, calculator.
>
> However out the all the buttons i use only the volume control and mute
> buttons.
> How can i write a program/driver so that i can change the applications
> the button open.

Application keys generate WM_APPCOMMAND message.
It's normally handled by a WH_SHELL hook (nCode = HSHELL_APPCOMMAND)
and can be customized by "AppKey" key
(HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AppKey)
From: Rishi on
Can you elaborate it a little bit or give some link related to it.

i am quite new to windows programming and just know little bit of VB
6.