From: Robert Redelmeier on
In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips Robert Myers <rbmyersusa(a)gmail.com> wrote in part:
> On Dec 19, 10:17�am, Sebastian Kaliszewski
>> Oh, so I undestand, you lack your own will. You're predetermined,
>> you're not guilty, you're just pushed to trolling by evil Us.

> You made one of the more memorably preposterous claims in my
> memory of reading Usenet. Subsequent events have made the
> preposterousness of your claim even more obvious. If you're
> going to spend the rest of your time on Usenet trying to repair
> your damaged ego, there's no real reason for me to respond to you.

Such ad-hominem is exactly what obliges me (and perhaps others) to
intercede. Irrespective of their own skills and right to respond,
no-one can defend themselves on equal terms against ad-hominem.
However correct, their arguments can be seen as self-serving.
I have even defended you when I didn't see you as the aggressor.

> If anyone should be barking, it would be the OP, because it was
> his post that I mocked. You're not properly involved at all.

as above, this makes Sebastians intercission entirely
appropriate. As was mine when you mocked him.

I have explained this before and do not expect you to understand
this time either. However, you are not the only reader on USENET.
You may correctly infer that I value the opinion of an unknown
anonymous lurker well above yours. Your reasoning has given me
no reason to value it. My choice. But does not free me from
the moral obligation to defend others against ad-hominem.

-- Robert R

From: Robert Myers on
On Dec 19, 2:58 pm, Robert Redelmeier <red...(a)ev1.net.invalid> wrote:

> as above, this makes Sebastians intercission entirely
> appropriate.  As was mine when you mocked him.

As I said some time ago, I really have no use for you. Go pick a
fight with someone else.

I shall continue to mock AMD boosterism until AMD finally becomes a
subsidiary of IBM.

Robert.
From: krw on
In article <4c1a12d8-e1ae-4898-b028-ff83e2f609f9
@i18g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, rbmyersusa(a)gmail.com says...
> On Dec 19, 2:58 pm, Robert Redelmeier <red...(a)ev1.net.invalid> wrote:
>

> > as above, this makes Sebastians intercission entirely
> > appropriate.  As was mine when you mocked him.
> >
> As I said some time ago, I really have no use for you. Go pick a
> fight with someone else.

Then why do you bother to respond, troll?

> I shall continue to mock AMD boosterism until AMD finally becomes a
> subsidiary of IBM.

No one cares, troll.

--
Keith
From: Robert Myers on
On Dec 19, 7:19 pm, krw <k...(a)att.bizzzzzzzzzz> wrote:
> In article <4c1a12d8-e1ae-4898-b028-ff83e2f609f9
> @i18g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, rbmyers...(a)gmail.com says...
>
> > On Dec 19, 2:58 pm, Robert Redelmeier <red...(a)ev1.net.invalid> wrote:
>
> > > as above, this makes Sebastians intercission entirely
> > > appropriate.  As was mine when you mocked him.
>
> > As I said some time ago, I really have no use for you.  Go pick a
> > fight with someone else.
>
> Then why do you bother to respond, troll?
>
> > I shall continue to mock AMD boosterism until AMD finally becomes a
> > subsidiary of IBM.
>
> No one cares, troll.

If you don't care, long-term bully, why do you bother?

I can't say it of Robert, but I can say it of you. I've watched you
patronize, demean, and bully for years, and not just me by a long
shot.

As I was out shoveling snow, in fact, I was thinking of none other
than *you* and all the meaningful discussions of prefetch we might
have had but for your Kieth-knows-everything-because-he's-been-doing-
it-at-IBM-since-197whatever presence, and, according to your all-
knowing IBM wisdom, prefetching doesn't work. Prefetch engines, in
fact, are a big part of i7, memory controller on the die or not, but I
wouldn't even bother trying to discuss it with you around, because,
just as with Robert, it's not about technology. It's about your ego.
Oh, and, of course, your moral superiority.

From: Robert Myers on
On Dec 19, 7:42 pm, krw <k...(a)att.bizzzzzzzzzz> wrote:

> You deserve every bit of grief you get, troll.

Bullies always say that: he/she asked for it. The purely unself-
conscious state of your nastiness and self-righteousness is a wonder
to behold.