From: Robert Redelmeier on
In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips Robert Myers <rbmyersusa(a)gmail.com> wrote in part:
> On Dec 19, 2:58| pm, Robert Redelmeier <red...(a)ev1.net.invalid> wrote:
>> as above, this makes Sebastians intercission entirely
>> appropriate. | As was mine when you mocked him.

> As I said some time ago, I really have no use for you.

Then why bother replying to me?

> Go pick a fight with someone else.

I do not consider this a fight. Revealing that you do.

> I shall continue to mock AMD boosterism until AMD finally
> becomes a subsidiary of IBM.

While being an Intel booster of equal if not greater
partisanship? Your bias staggers the imagination.

Should this also be considered a promise to stop if
and when they merge?

I see Intel, AMD, IBM, Microsoft and other players each as
helping net progress. Not without serious faults in all.
Glass half empty? Or half full? Or twice as big as required!

-- Robert R

From: Robert Myers on
On Dec 19, 8:22 pm, Robert Redelmeier <red...(a)ev1.net.invalid> wrote:
> In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips Robert Myers <rbmyers...(a)gmail.com> wrote in part:
>
> > On Dec 19, 2:58| pm, Robert Redelmeier <red...(a)ev1.net.invalid> wrote:
> >> as above, this makes Sebastians intercission entirely
> >> appropriate. | As was mine when you mocked him.
> > As I said some time ago, I really have no use for you.
>
> Then why bother replying to me?

I don't have to explain myself to you, and I don't propose to.

> > Go pick a fight with someone else.
>
> I do not consider this a fight.  Revealing that you do.

*Rolls eyes* And...?

> > I shall continue to mock AMD boosterism until AMD finally
> > becomes a subsidiary of IBM.
>
> While being an Intel booster of equal if not greater
> partisanship?  Your bias staggers the imagination.

What staggers the imagination is the way that you take yourself
seriously. Yousuf's scrambling to find positive things to say about
AMD and negative things to say about Intel is just funny.

The IBM connection is somewhat less amusing. In all seriousness, I
don't think that AMD can be a subsidiary of IBM, otherwise I think it
already would have happened.

> Should this also be considered a promise to stop if
> and when they merge?

That was not a serious comment. I think the AMD thing is over.

> I see Intel, AMD, IBM, Microsoft and other players each as
> helping net progress.  Not without serious faults in all.
> Glass half empty?  Or half full?  Or twice as big as required!

I don't admire AMD and Microsoft and I've said why over and over and
over again. Intel would be a case study in just how many things you
can do wrong and still stay on top of the heap. IBM is IBM. Without
IBM, Linux would have no credible future.

Robert.

From: krw on
In article <876d2377-1a5a-401d-ab92-acdd9950dfe5
@e3g2000vbe.googlegroups.com>, rbmyersusa(a)gmail.com says...
> On Dec 19, 7:42 pm, krw <k...(a)att.bizzzzzzzzzz> wrote:
>

> > You deserve every bit of grief you get, troll.
>
> Bullies always say that: he/she asked for it. The purely unself-
> conscious state of your nastiness and self-righteousness is a wonder
> to behold.

[I R O N Y]
/
/
/

Keith
From: Yousuf Khan on
Robert Myers wrote:
> I don't admire AMD and Microsoft and I've said why over and over and
> over again. Intel would be a case study in just how many things you
> can do wrong and still stay on top of the heap. IBM is IBM. Without
> IBM, Linux would have no credible future.

If one of the Intel cases studies of what you can do wrong is about how
to use your ill-gotten monopoly powers to bully customers and
competitors, then I agree.

Yousuf Khan
From: Robert Myers on
On Dec 19, 11:15 pm, krw <k...(a)att.bizzzzzzzzzz> wrote:
> In article <876d2377-1a5a-401d-ab92-acdd9950dfe5
> @e3g2000vbe.googlegroups.com>, rbmyers...(a)gmail.com says...
>
> > On Dec 19, 7:42 pm, krw <k...(a)att.bizzzzzzzzzz> wrote:
>
> > > You deserve every bit of grief you get, troll.
>
> > Bullies always say that: he/she asked for it.  The purely unself-
> > conscious state of your nastiness and self-righteousness is a wonder
> > to behold.
>
> [I R O N Y]
>          /
>         /
>        /

Irony can be like (-1)**n. In fact, it almost always is.

Robert.