From: Adriaan on
Suddenly I am getting the following message when I boot up: "System is
running in Fail-Safe state. Please recheck BIOS - CMOS setup". I looked
around the BIOS settings but cannot find anything wrong. I reloaded
optimized settings for everything, no difference. If I press F1 to continue,
everything seems to work OK. However, next time I reboot the message comes
right back.
>What is causing the message and how do I fix it?
FYI: My system has been running for just about exactly one year (built last
Xmas break). MOBO = AN8Ultra, AMD - 3800 X2 CPU, 2GB RAM. I am using BIOS
revision 15 since the later ones don't work with USB-2. I added a USB card
reader today, but I cannot image that causing it?

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Adriaan
From: Bacon_Sarnie on

"Adriaan" <Adriaan_99NOSPAM(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Suddenly I am getting the following message when I boot up: "System is
> running in Fail-Safe state. Please recheck BIOS - CMOS setup". I looked
> Adriaan

CMOS battery

From: Adriaan on
How/where do I buy a new one, and how do I replace it?

Thanks! Adriaan