From: amish on
Hi There,

I know this is a shot in the dark, but I'm hoping someone may be able
to help me out.

We had a file server that was using the KG7-RAID motherboard and had
two drives set up in a RAID stripe set. The motherboard died. We are in
an unfortunate position where we are unable to retrieve the files from
the drive, because we need a motherboard with the correct RAID
controller so that it will recognize the drives.

As you know, this board is a number of years old and impossible to
find... I am posting here in hopes of finding someone willing to part
with their KG7-RAID with or without the CPU... I'm willing to pay as
I'm in a heck of a bind without one.

Thanks,
Amish

From: Wes Newell on
On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 14:55:02 -0800, amish wrote:

> Hi There,
>
> I know this is a shot in the dark, but I'm hoping someone may be able
> to help me out.
>
> We had a file server that was using the KG7-RAID motherboard and had
> two drives set up in a RAID stripe set. The motherboard died. We are in
> an unfortunate position where we are unable to retrieve the files from
> the drive, because we need a motherboard with the correct RAID
> controller so that it will recognize the drives.
>
> As you know, this board is a number of years old and impossible to
> find... I am posting here in hopes of finding someone willing to part
> with their KG7-RAID with or without the CPU... I'm willing to pay as
> I'm in a heck of a bind without one.

Look for any MB or raid controller that uses the HPT370 or HPT370A raid
controller. Install the same software revision you used on your KG7-Riad
MB and it should work. I know the KT7-Raid used the same chipset. I could
get my hands on 1 or 2 of them that I've given away to family if you're
willing to pay for a new MB I'd have to get them. I could have one as fast
as Saturday if you let me know. I relaize the boards aren't worth much,
but the trouble of me having to replace the boards is to me. Hopefully
you'll find another option, but if not I need to know by Friday if you
want one. My daughter that has one is coming down Sat. and can bring it.
otherwise, forget it.;-)

From: Eric Parker on

"amish" <amishm(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi There,
>
> I know this is a shot in the dark, but I'm hoping someone may be
> able
> to help me out.
>
> We had a file server that was using the KG7-RAID motherboard and had
> two drives set up in a RAID stripe set. The motherboard died. We are
> in
> an unfortunate position where we are unable to retrieve the files
> from
> the drive, because we need a motherboard with the correct RAID
> controller so that it will recognize the drives.
>
> As you know, this board is a number of years old and impossible to
> find... I am posting here in hopes of finding someone willing to
> part
> with their KG7-RAID with or without the CPU... I'm willing to pay as
> I'm in a heck of a bind without one.
>
> Thanks,
> Amish

Amish

I've got a KT7A-Raid you could have, but I'm in the UK.
I assume you're in North America, but you don't say.

Eric

--
Remove the dross to contact me directly

From: amish on
I would very much appreciate it if we could arrange to purchase the
board from you. How much would you like for it and how can we arrange
shipping?

Thank you!
Amish

From: Wes Newell on
On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 08:35:12 -0800, amish wrote:

> Eric Parker wrote:
>> I've got a KT7A-Raid you could have, but I'm in the UK.
>> I assume you're in North America, but you don't say.
>>
> I would very much appreciate it if we could arrange to purchase the
> board from you. How much would you like for it and how can we arrange
> shipping?

Caution. The KT7A-Raid used an HPT372 controller IIRC. I don't think it'll
work for you. Several MB's used the HPT370 or HPT370A (same as 370 in a
smaller package). It was also used on at least 1 controller board
(RocketRaid 100) but I'm not certain if that will work either. Epox also
made a board that used the HPT370.