From: ��� on
On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 20:14:23 GMT, Wes Newell
<w.newell(a)TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote:

>On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 21:55:17 +0000, Eric Parker wrote:
>
>> There's a label behind the bios chip with v1.1 on it.
>> I seem to remember it was an early one.
>
>Then they uses the same bios as the KT7's. A9 was the last. i checked the
>HPT bios for the KT7A and I should have looked at the KG7-Raid..
>
>Ok, the last hpt bios in the KT7/a was 1.11.0402. that was the first hpt
>bios in the KG7-Raid. The raid bios changed to version 2.0.1024 bios
>version 68 2002-01-28, and to 2.34 in bios DS 2003-03-06. So if he bought
>the board before about feb 2002 and never upgraded the bios, he can use
>the any KT7 or KT7A with bios 7N or later. If he upgraded the bios in the
>KG7 board then he'll have to find a matching hacked HPT version. Iknow
>there's a hacked KT7A A9 version with the 2.34 HPT bios in it. Not sure
>about the other one. Jef in this group has the upgraded version I think.
>
>0+1 raid or backup often would have been a lot easier. I'm running raid 0
>on a couple of 300GB drives, but it just for hdtv recordings. no big loss.
>Besides, it totally software (Linux) raid, so the controller doesn't
>matter.

Jef's place [ watch out for Miguel the ' bird ' ] here :
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/jefn/kt7.html

���
From: Bird Janitor� on
��� wrote:

| Jef's place [ watch out for Miguel the ' bird ' ] here :
| http://pages.sbcglobal.net/jefn/kt7.html
|
| ���

Cheers ��� !

Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood� / Bird Janitor� -
Jef

From: amish on
Hello Gentlemen,

Thanks so much for the feedback and board comparisons. Having not had
any luck locating a KG7, I think I'll attempt a salvage using the KT7
or KT7A (the "A" seems to be easier to find).

Regarding the HPT bios revision, I'm in the unfortunate position of not
having a record of the version that was applied. I believe the
motherboard was purchased in late 2001, and I'm doubtful that any
subsequent revisions were loaded. Having said that, I'll start with the
bios version that makes the most sense (given the date of purchase),
and reflash it until the drives are detected. Is there any possibility
that taking this approach could corrupt the drives or render the
stripeset inaccessible? I know there's always a risk, but does anyone
have any anecdotal evidence, or knowledge of what the repercussions
might be?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Best Regards,
Amish

ps. I'm very thankful for such a great resource.

From: Bird Janitor� on
amish wrote:

| Hello Gentlemen,
|
| Thanks so much for the feedback and board comparisons. Having not
| had any luck locating a KG7, I think I'll attempt a salvage using the
| KT7 or KT7A (the "A" seems to be easier to find).

If you go this route, be aware that the most recent BIOS releases from Abit
for the KT7/KT7A-RAID boards have the Highpoint version 1.11.0402 embedded.
The earliest BIOS' for the KG7-RAID have Highpoint version 1.11.0402.
Version 68, released in January 2002 has Highpoint version 2.0.1024
embedded. Version DS, released in March 2003 shows up with Highpoint
version 2.34 embedded.

If you purchased your board in late 2001 and you never flashed the BIOS,
you're okay using Abit's A9 BIOS for the KT7-RAID/KT7A-RAID (revision 1.0 -
1.2) or Abit's B4 for the KT7A-RAID (revision 1.3) since the Highpoint BIOS
versions match. If you flashed to version 68 or later, you'd be best off
picking up my modded A9/B4 BIOS and flashing prior to connecting up your
drives.

Pay attention to the last two characters of the POST screen for the BIOS
version flashed to the board. I wouldn't recommend connecting up your
drives with an earlier Highpoint BIOS.

You run the potential of corrupting your drives if you connect them up to a
board with an earlier version Highpoint BIOS embedded.

The link to my modded files is http://pages.sbcglobal.net/jefn/kt7.html ..
both my mods have Highpoint's version 2.351 BIOS embedded with no other
changes made to Abit's release.

Jef

From: Eric Parker on

"Bird Janitor�" <birdjanitor_REMOVE_YOUR_SHORTS_(a)sbcglobal.net> wrote
in message news:dUxjh.36726$wc5.9493(a)newssvr25.news.prodigy.net...
> amish wrote:
> |
> | Hello Gentlemen,
> |
> | Thanks so much for the feedback and board comparisons. Having not
> | had any luck locating a KG7, I think I'll attempt a salvage using
> the
> | KT7 or KT7A (the "A" seems to be easier to find).
> |

> If you go this route, be aware that the most recent BIOS releases
> from Abit
> for the KT7/KT7A-RAID boards have the Highpoint version 1.11.0402
> embedded.
> The earliest BIOS' for the KG7-RAID have Highpoint version
> 1.11.0402.
> Version 68, released in January 2002 has Highpoint version 2.0.1024
> embedded. Version DS, released in March 2003 shows up with
> Highpoint
> version 2.34 embedded.
>
> If you purchased your board in late 2001 and you never flashed the
> BIOS,
> you're okay using Abit's A9 BIOS for the KT7-RAID/KT7A-RAID
> (revision 1.0 -
> 1.2) or Abit's B4 for the KT7A-RAID (revision 1.3) since the
> Highpoint BIOS
> versions match. If you flashed to version 68 or later, you'd be
> best off
> picking up my modded A9/B4 BIOS and flashing prior to connecting up
> your
> drives.
>
> Pay attention to the last two characters of the POST screen for the
> BIOS
> version flashed to the board. I wouldn't recommend connecting up
> your
> drives with an earlier Highpoint BIOS.
>
> You run the potential of corrupting your drives if you connect them
> up to a
> board with an earlier version Highpoint BIOS embedded.
>
> The link to my modded files is
> http://pages.sbcglobal.net/jefn/kt7.html ..
> both my mods have Highpoint's version 2.351 BIOS embedded with no
> other
> changes made to Abit's release.
>
> Jef

Jef
The KT7A-Raid board I'm offering Amish boots with
07/11/2002-8363-686B-6A6LMA19C-A9
at the bottom.

Eric

--