From: Wendy on
In today’s computing world, it can often feel like we are drowning in
wave after wave of new trends such as mashups, service oriented
architecture and cloud computing. This sea of concepts are simply the
manifestation of an underlying change in IT. Our industry is moving
from a product to a service based economy.

This shift is a result of the commoditisation of IT, but then again
not all IT is being commoditised, some is still an innovation, isn’t
it? In this session we will explore what is happening and why open
source is the dominant model for the furture.

EVENT DETAILS
What: In The Brain of Simon Wardley: Situation Normal, Everything must
change
Where: Skills Matter, Clerkenwell London EC1R 0BE
When: 27 Oct 2009 Starts at 18:30
Info: http://skillsmatter.com/podcast/os-mobile-server/situation-normal-everything-must-change/wd-401

REGISTER FOR THIS EVENT
Attendance is free for registered participants. You can register here:
http://skillsmatter.com/podcast/os-mobile-server/situation-normal-everything-must-change/wd-401

ABOUT SIMON WARDLEY
As a geneticist with a love of mathematics and a fascination in
economics, Simon has always found himself dealing with complex
systems, whether it’s in behavioural patterns, environmental risks of
chemical pollution, developing novel computer systems or managing
companies. These days Simon works as the Software Services Manager for
Canonical, helping define future cloud computing strategies for
Ubuntu. He is a passionate advocate and researcher in the fields of
open source, commoditisation, innovation and cybernetics. He is also
fond of ducks. As he says “they’re fowl but not through choice”.

MORE INFORMATION AND REGISTRATION
http://skillsmatter.com/podcast/os-mobile-server/situation-normal-everything-must-change/wd-401