From: Martin Trump on
I'm keeping an ancient Win2K m/c running solely because I can d/l and
use the API-Guide from the Allapi people. In WinXP I get-

Run-time error '5'
Invalid procedure call or argument

Is there a work-around? TIA.

Martin

From: Mike Williams on
On 12 Aug, 16:06, Martin Trump <mar...(a)wmeadow.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm keeping an ancient Win2K m/c running solely because
> I can d/l and use the API-Guide from the Allapi people.
> In WinXP I get- Run-time error '5'
> Invalid procedure call or argument
> Is there a work-around? TIA.

The API Guide should work in XP Martin. I've had it running in XP for
years. I don't have an XP machine to test it on any more, but I'm sure
it will still run on it. It also runs fine on Vista. It needs the VB5
runtime though. Do you have the VB5 runtime installed? Or perhaps it
does not like your version of the runtime. You can get both the API
Guide and the installer for the VB5 runtime it requires from:

http://allapi.mentalis.org/agnet/appdown.shtml

Mike