From: SW Monkey on
I want to use the ModelDoc2::SaveAs4 command with my Save to DXF macro,
but I am trying to figure out how to get the SaveAs dialog box to
popup for the user to choose where to save the file. After reading the
help file and examples, it looks like the default is the same directory
as the SLDDRW.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

From: fcsuper on
You could use InputBox to get started (to test the code). The drawback
is that it would require the user to know the exact path and type it in
correctly. I used this method in one of my SaveAs4 macros to save as
PDF.
(http://sw.fcsuper.com/index.php?name=UpDownload&req=viewdownloaddetails&lid=3
in case you wish to check it out).

A form may be required, using the ListBox to show the folders available
for save. I don't know if SolidWorks API is allowed to call Windows
Save window (I seem to remember looking into this before), but you can
definately create your own standard list (either built into the macro
or in an external .ini file), or find a way to traverse the harddrive
and list the results, so the user doesn't have to remember and type in
the locaiton.

I'm only just OK at API, so I might be wrong about some of this.

Matt

SW Monkey wrote:
> I want to use the ModelDoc2::SaveAs4 command with my Save to DXF macro,
> but I am trying to figure out how to get the SaveAs dialog box to
> popup for the user to choose where to save the file. After reading the
> help file and examples, it looks like the default is the same directory
> as the SLDDRW.
>
> Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Pages: 1
Prev: Routing Tutorials