From: Lars Uffmann on
Laura,

Laura wrote:
> Your question was mirrored to the NI Discussion Forums (forums.ni.com)
> and a number of replies have been posted in response to your question:
> http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=479964#M479964

Thanks a lot for pointing me there - I wasn't aware of the auto-mirroring :)

I managed to get my DLL-call done with the Call Library function, so I
didn't check the newsgroup for replies either, for a while.

So thanks again!

Best Regards,

Lars Uffmann
From: Lars Uffmann on
Rolf Kalbermatter wrote:
> He may be posting to the actual LabVIEW newsgroup. At some point it
> was synchronized with this board. Then that broke. It may have been
> restored but maybe only one way from nntp to this board but not
> backwards.

Exactly that is the case. I wasn't aware of this mirroring function
until Laura kindly pointed it out. I guess this functionality should be
restored to work both ways.

Ravens Fan wrote:
> Why would anyone use a newsgroup?
> Isn't it a lot easier to connect directly through NI.com?

I know I'm starting a debate that I probably better shouldn't, but to
enlighten you: No, it is not easier. Newsgroups work from my newsclient,
which I use all the time anyways.

Many technical groups - one software to access them all, and one
account. Websites = many accounts, many links to remember/bookmark.

If you're serious about the whole thing, newsgroups are the way to go.

Dennis Knutson wrote:
> Have no idea why anyone would use an ordinary newsgroup client.
I think that is part of the problem of Web 2.0 :)

> Most don't allow you to attach files.
That is merely a matter of configuration - binary or non binary. And
attaching files to newsgroup or forum posts is ususally a bad idea
anyways - just link to the source on the web. The one downside to this
is of course that you need to find a host for self-uploaded files, so I
can see why you find a forum convenient.

And @all: Yes, the mirroring-software did create this "account" here to
mirror my posts. I am not a registered user of this forum, nor do I wish
to sign up unless I really need to, at some point :)

Ravens Fan wrote:
> Don't use whatever newsgroup you are using. Just log into NI.com and
> go to Discussion Forums. This is homebase. There are hundreds to
> thousands of messages a week.

Read & understood. I'll use the forums if I have urgent need for an
answer. Or just post to the newsgroup and read responses on the forum,
now that I have the link.

Best Regards & thanks for all answers (which weren't available to me
until now). Btw - I called NI support and they didn't mention anything
about the mirror between forums and newsgroup, so maybe this is
something only semi-official.

Lars