From: Mr. X. on
On VB-6 there was a file that has a list of all Windows' API functions (+
types),
called API viewer (something like that).

It was pretty nice, indeed,
including abilities to copy + paste the whole function declaration to VB.

but I didn't see it at all on VB.NET.
Does someone know - where can I find such a file for VB.NET (or C#, whatever
....)

Thanks :)

From: Herfried K. Wagner [MVP] on
Am 28.06.2010 19:23, schrieb Mr. X.:
> On VB-6 there was a file that has a list of all Windows' API functions
> (+ types),
> called API viewer (something like that).
>
> It was pretty nice, indeed,
> including abilities to copy + paste the whole function declaration to VB.
>
> but I didn't see it at all on VB.NET.
> Does someone know - where can I find such a file for VB.NET (or C#,
> whatever ...)

Take a look at <URL:http://pinvoke.net/>. but be aware that this website
is community-driven and the declares aren't always correct.

A better approach is provided by the P/Invoke Interop Assistant, which
can be found at
<URL:http://clrinterop.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx>

--
M S Herfried K. Wagner
M V P <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>
From: Armin Zingler on
Am 28.06.2010 19:23, schrieb Mr. X.:
> On VB-6 there was a file that has a list of all Windows' API functions (+
> types),
> called API viewer (something like that).
>
> It was pretty nice, indeed,
> including abilities to copy + paste the whole function declaration to VB.
>
> but I didn't see it at all on VB.NET.
> Does someone know - where can I find such a file for VB.NET (or C#, whatever
> ....)

There's no "built-in" replacement, but have a look at http://pinvoke.net
You should still double-check every declaration you use.

--
Armin