From: allsey87 on
Hey all,

Does anyone know of an ASIC chip from NXP, Motorola etc which will
interface a webcam using the UVC (USB video class) protocol. Ideally
the chip would simple as possible and drop out 8/10/12/16-bits per
clock cycle which I can then feed into the FPGA into a internal queue
or 2D register matrix...

I've heard several DSP chips would provide this functionallity,
however I'm not sure what to look for...

<EDIT>

While writing this post I found my answer, google "UVC controller or
interface" etc. an example chip from Genesys Logic would be the
GL860A. Thought I might post this up if someone in the future comes
looking for the answer...
From: allsey87 on
<Update / Edit on my own thread>

The GL860A is not the type of chip that I'm looking for. This chip
takes analog video and encodes to a UVC compliant stream. What I'm
looking for is a chip which activates the USB webcam and outputs the
result as a simple stream of 1s and 0s representing the pixels.