From: Michel Posseth [MCP] on
Actually i created something for that ,, let me switch to my dev computer
( be back in a moment )

Michel

From: Michel Posseth on
Op 7-3-2010 10:08, Michel Posseth [MCP] schreef:
> Actually i created something for that ,, let me switch to my dev
> computer ( be back in a moment )
>
> Michel
>

> "Mr. Arnold" <Arnold(a)Arnold.com> schreef in bericht
>> Nathan Sokalski wrote:
>>> I did notice the app.config file in the Class Library, but when I
>>> moved the registration from the Web Application's Web.config to the
>>> Class Library's app.config, it didn't seem to do anything. Is there
>>> anything that needs to be different in any way when the registration
>>> is in app.config? Thanks.
>>
>> The Web.config is the root of all configs and the app.config is going
>> to be ignored by the Web application.
>>
>> You should make a Console project and add the classlib project to the
>> solution and try the app.config there.

and here it is :

Imports System.Configuration
Imports System.Web.Configuration
Namespace My
Partial Friend NotInheritable Class MySettings
Private DllSettings As ClientSettingsSection
Private DllConfigDoesNotExist As Boolean
Default Public Overrides Property Item(ByVal propertyName As
String) As Object
Get
Dim oValue As Object = Nothing
Try
If RunsOnWeb() Then
' do we have the value in the web config
Dim ret As String = Nothing
Try
ret =
WebConfigurationManager.AppSettings(propertyName)
Catch ex As Exception

End Try
If String.IsNullOrEmpty(ret) Then
Try
oValue =
WebConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings(propertyName).ConnectionString
Catch ex As Exception

End Try
End If
Else
'If the .dll.config file has already been
loaded, use it to obtain the value...
If DllSettings IsNot Nothing Then
oValue =
DllSettings.Settings.Get(propertyName).Value.ValueXml.InnerXml
ElseIf Not DllConfigDoesNotExist Then
If Me.LoadDllConfigFile() Then
oValue =
DllSettings.Settings.Get(propertyName).Value.ValueXml.InnerXml
End If
End If
End If
Catch ex As Exception
End Try
Try
If oValue Is Nothing Then
oValue = MyBase.Item(propertyName)
End If
Catch ex As Exception
End Try
Return oValue
End Get
Set(ByVal value As Object)
MyBase.Item(propertyName) = value
End Set
End Property
Public Function RunsOnWeb() As Boolean
Dim strPN As String =
System.Diagnostics.Process.GetCurrentProcess().ProcessName.ToLower
Return (strPN = "w3wp" OrElse strPN = "aspnet_wp")
End Function
Private Function LoadDllConfigFile() As Boolean
Dim bDllConfigLoaded As Boolean = False
Dim cfgDll As System.Configuration.Configuration
Dim cfmDllCfg As New ExeConfigurationFileMap()

Dim sAssemblyPath As String =
Reflection.Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().Location

Dim strNamespace As String = GetType(MySettings).FullName
strNamespace = strNamespace.Substring(0,
strNamespace.IndexOf("."c))

cfmDllCfg.ExeConfigFilename = sAssemblyPath & ".config"
Try

cfgDll =
ConfigurationManager.OpenMappedExeConfiguration(cfmDllCfg,
ConfigurationUserLevel.None)

Dim csgApplicationSettings As ConfigurationSectionGroup
= cfgDll.GetSectionGroup("applicationSettings")
Me.DllSettings =
DirectCast(csgApplicationSettings.Sections(strNamespace &
".My.MySettings"), ClientSettingsSection)
bDllConfigLoaded = True

Catch ex As Exception

'bestaat niet
DllConfigDoesNotExist = True

End Try
Return bDllConfigLoaded

End Function

End Class

End Namespace

From: Nathan Sokalski on
I probably made a bad choice of words there. What I meant was I want people
to be able to add the *.dll to their web application and use the handler
without needing to register it in their Web.config. The reason I created the
handler is because it is used by one of the controls in my class library (it
generates a *.gif image), so I need the handler to be available to the
control at a known location (unless there is some alternative way for me to
have the *.gif's generated and returned from a URL). Any ideas?
--
Nathan Sokalski
njsokalski(a)hotmail.com

From: Ralph on
> I probably made a bad choice of words there. What I meant was I want
> people to be able to add the *.dll to their web application and use the
> handler without needing to register it in their Web.config. The reason I
> created the handler is because it is used by one of the controls in my
> class library (it generates a *.gif image), so I need the handler to be
> available to the control at a known location (unless there is some
> alternative way for me to have the *.gif's generated and returned from a
> URL). Any ideas?
> --
> Nathan Sokalski
> njsokalski(a)hotmail.com
> http://www.nathansokalski.com/
>
> "Cor Ligthert[MVP]" <Notmyfirstname(a)planet.nl> wrote in message
>> A DLL in Net is a Class Library not something that is independent
>> working.
>>
>> If you want the later you can use a service (or a webservice of WFC).
>>
>> Success
>>
>> Cor
>>

>> "Nathan Sokalski" <njsokalski(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> I have a Solution that contains a Web Application and a Class Library.
>>> The Class Library contains an HTTP Handler, which implements
>>> IHttpHandler and needs registered in the config file. I want the *.dll
>>> for the Class Library to be available and work independently of the Web
>>> Application. The handler works when I register the handler in the
>>> <httpHandlers> section of the Web.config file in the Web Application,
>>> but how can I register it using the Class Library? Thanks.
>>> --
>>> Nathan Sokalski
>>> njsokalski(a)hotmail.com
>>> http://www.nathansokalski.com/

Name your file .ashx and it should work without registering.

From: Ralph on
"Ralph" <ralphd42(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Nathan Sokalski" <njsokalski(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I probably made a bad choice of words there. What I meant was I want
>> people to be able to add the *.dll to their web application and use the
>> handler without needing to register it in their Web.config. The reason I
>> created the handler is because it is used by one of the controls in my
>> class library (it generates a *.gif image), so I need the handler to be
>> available to the control at a known location (unless there is some
>> alternative way for me to have the *.gif's generated and returned from a
>> URL). Any ideas?
>> --
>> Nathan Sokalski
>> njsokalski(a)hotmail.com
>> http://www.nathansokalski.com/
>>
>> "Cor Ligthert[MVP]" <Notmyfirstname(a)planet.nl> wrote in message
>>> A DLL in Net is a Class Library not something that is independent
>>> working.
>>>
>>> If you want the later you can use a service (or a webservice of WFC).
>>>
>>> Success
>>>
>>> Cor
>>>

>>> "Nathan Sokalski" <njsokalski(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>

> Name your file .ashx and it should work without registering.
opps I met without having to add to web.config.